View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2008, 04:08 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanh View Post
I have two premium accounts, it's the PAP's functionality which I am looking for advice on.

I asked the line 1 questions because my current ATA does not seem to support the Voxalot speed dials whatever I do I'll be considering the PAP an upgrade even though it is cheaper and has less registrations than the current ATA, I'm hoping that is it more flexible.

Call blocking and call forwarding, is this possible with a PAP as well as a Vox account? This is more for the Local Account than the Vox account which I'll be using.
PAP2 doesn't have a Call Blocking feature perse, but it does have a Selective Call Forwarding Feature based on incoming caller ID... which can be used to do some blocking

What's your current ATA? Any chance you can modify the dial plan string to allow ** to be dialed...

Also, if you're making the switch just because of Speed Dials, it maybe easier to do some creative dial plan configuration bringing in something like MySipSwitch in the mix...

Scenario is this:
-Assuming there is no way you can do **xxx
-Doing something like 99xxx >>VoXalot>>**xxx doesn't work (you can't use VoXalot to allow you to dial 99xxx and have it changed to **xxx, it doesn't work for Speed Dials)
-But you can do 99xxx>>VoXalot>>MySipSwitch>>**xxx>>VoXalot (where MSS changes it to **xxx and passes it back to VoXalot)

I don't know how much sense that last part will make on first read (hope it helps)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote