View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
jrvela

jrvela is on a distinguished road
Default Voip Service Providers can't authenticate

I have had Voxalot for a couple years now and it has been working great. I use Pennytel as my service provider for all outbound PSTN calls with no problems. Over the last couple of years I have help friends and family set their accounts for like mine.

For the last couple of days I have been having problems setting up a friend with a Voxalot account using Pennytel. I set up the dial plan to route calls to a Pennytel account the call seems to route that way but I get a message saying "This password is not valid...". I go back verify that the password is correct and try it again. Same thing. I tried it many times thinking that I might have fat finger the Pennytel password. I double check the account and password many times. It keeps failing. The I decide to just use my account, which I know the account and password very well. This does not work either. Then I got to my Voxalot account which works fine and has for years. I create a new entry for my Pennytel account and create a test pattern in my dial plan to route calls this way. Guess what? I get the "This password is not valid" message. Again I check and double check accounts and passwords. They are all good and still fail. I came to the conclusion that something must have changed in the way Voxalot stores password, when you create a new Voice service provider. My old settings work, but any new Service provider I create, cannot authenticate.
jrvela is offline   Reply With Quote