View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:04 AM   #6

788149 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Voxalot has really become a great and helpful "tool" for my needs. But I miss three points which could be a general improvement (not only for my needs):

1) More flexibility in handling incoming calls:

-Call forwarding should be manageable per incoming provider (as mentioned already in one of the above posts).

-Number rewriting rules should be applicable per incoming provider.
Example: I have DIDs in several countries like Germany and France. If the calling party is shown in national format, I cannot distinguish who called me. E.g. 0172xxxxx could be a French caller in Ile de France (area of Paris) or a German Vodafone customer.
If rewriting would be possible, I could extend the local numbers into national format, e.g. Wengo (France) from 01xxxxx to 00331 or Sipgate (Germany) from 0172 to 0049172.

2) Speed Dial prefix '**' should be no more hard coded.
I cannot use the '*' prefix due to the ATA devices I use. I use 9xx numbers instead which I need to introduce individually in the dial plan.
I tried already to define a rule in the dial plan to rewrite 9xxx (I use the 9 prefix as it is not used here for other purposes like emergency numbers) to **xxx and use Voxalot as provider. But this does not work as maybe speed dialling is no more parsed after the dialling plan processing.

3) Call initiation by mail or SMS
The mechanism of web initiated calls should be extended to mail and sms. Of course, potential abuse should be avoided.

Best Regards,
Adrian
788149 is offline   Reply With Quote