Thread: Initial setup
View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
1/ If my ATA has voxalot details, can I still receive incoming calls to my DID with Oztell?
Yes, if your DID is registered from within Voxalot an inbound call will ring your ATA

Quote:
2/ What is the dial plan that I should use on the ATA ? Can I leave my current ATA dial plan intact?
Best bet is to use [x*][x*]. also have a read of VoXaLot

Quote:
3/ As I understand that the dial plans are executed according to the lowest number priority, I have entered the same dialling patterns but with different VSP's with different priorities, this should ensure that I have seamless fallback in case one fails right?
No, dial plan failover is not operational as yet.

Quote:
I have noticed on the forums that some people prefer to specifiy the alternative VSP by pressing a number at the beginning of their dialling number. Any particular reason for this besides, control or accounting purposes?
They do it to choose a specific provider.

Quote:
4/ In your Voxalot and VOIP Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough By Christopher Tylor (ctylor), do I need to add these settings as well or is it US centric only?

Primary NTP Server: pool.ntp.org
Secondary NTP Server: time.nist.gov

STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com
The NTP settings are for a time server and are optional. The STUN settings are also optional, however once you are up and running are advised as they will allow the voice stream to bypass Voxalot.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote