View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
Thanks emoci, but that's exactly what i was asking about - how to do it? Myipswitch doesn't seem to allow me to put sip forwarding in their dial plans.
You are correct, their new syntax creates problems with URIs in the dialplan, but you could always use a provider to forward to VoXalot....in any case see below, I made a typo on my reply yesterday

Quote:
But by filling the contact address with my VoXalot URI I just send the ring back to voxalot, so I can't fork it in mysipswitch?.. Or I totally misunderstand how it work?
Notice I made a correction above in bold, I should have said MySipSwitch Uri.....the URI that is then set to forward to multiple third party destinations simultaneously....as I said though reliability even in this method is still not there (in my opinion)

So to summarize:

1. ATA registered with VoXalot
2. Same VoXalot acct. as above pointed to let's say fwd1.user@sip.mysipswitch.com using the MySipSwitch registration section
3. A MySipSwitch DialPlan as follows:
exten = fwd1.user,1,Switch(cell@provider1&office@provider2 )

So now when someone calls that VoXalot acct....if all goes well, your ATA, Cell and Office should all 3 ring simultaneously

Some issues I came across playing with this:
1. When picking up my ATA first everything goes well
2. When picking up Cell or Office (going along with the example above), I had one of two annoying things happen either (a) I take the call fine, but then after a few seconds VoXalot Voicemail also answers, or (b) I take the call, talk for a few seconds and then the call drops

Now keep in mind I was using PG as one of the providers to call the Cell destination....so a more reliable provider maybe able to pull it off.....

Last edited by emoci; 03-18-2008 at 04:37 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote