View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbonk View Post
1.) What is sipbroker ?
1.) Can I only call other VoIP accounts using SIP Broker or can I call regular numbers too?
2.) how do I set up my hardware to work with SIP Broker ? I have a SDSL Modem with a Grandstream ATA-486 Adapter. It seems I have to setup a "dial plan". What is a dial plan? If I change the dial plan for sip-broker as suggested in the wiki, does it affect "normal" calls somehow.
3.) what are those strange access numbers for example the +371 67652206 for Riga. Can I use them to call other VoiP accounts and/or regular phone numbers for free somehow ?
1) SIP Broker is a service that interconnects thousands on VoIP networks by allocating a numeric code (SIP-Code) to each network. These codes are similar to area codes on the plain old telephone system.

For example to dial 123456@fwd.pulver.com you would dial:

*393123456 (*393 is the SIP-Code for fwd.pulver.com)

Full list of SIP-Codes can be found HERE

1) Only VoIP accounts and soon to be released U.S. toll free numbers.

2) Easiest way to setup hardware to use SIP Broker is to setup an account on www.voxalot.com and follow the tutorials.

3) Access numbers are regular shared phone numbers available in over 20 countries. Anyone can dial these numbers and at the voice prompt dial a VoIP number as described in 1) above e.g. *393123456

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote