View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
That's kinda strange that having so extensive functionality of call routing Voxalot doesn't offer such basics as call hunt. It should take nothing to implement that...
That would've been my reaction a few months ago too...but I've done some testing since then:

1. PBXes has a Call Hunting Feature via Ring Groups
2. MySipSwitch has a raw implementation of simultaneous calls

The issue I have found is that while most of these solutions can ring multiple destinations, receiving and carrying out a call gets tricky....audio gets lost, calls drop...and so on

One issue that VoXalot and other hosted PBX systems have to deal with, that successful implementations of this feature like CallWithUs, CallCentric (I believe Acanac too), and of course something like GC can skip over, is that not only do we want to forward to multiple destinations, but we want to do it via multiple providers, or we want to do it via a single consumer level provider that probably supports no more than one or two simultaneous channels....routing SIP this way is the easy part, but making sure the media is routed correctly when one of these destinations picks up seems problematic

I've noted that many successful implementations of this, have you pay them for the Call Routing feature, and force you to use their service for placing the call as well, having the adavntage of maintaining control of the call all the way to the PSTN destination...

Note, I say this as someone whose understanding of the process is just from a user point of view, lacking complete comprehension of what the backend truly looks like.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote