View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
dfear

dfear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dfear Send a message via MSN to dfear Send a message via Yahoo to dfear Send a message via Skype™ to dfear

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty98 View Post
Hi,

To test the outbound calls, just call *011188888 from your system.

To test the inbound calls, you may need to register a free account in ANOTHER SIP server that is also connected to SIP Broker and make calls from that account to your system (using *8604xxxx numbers). Another option is to make calls to the nearest SIP Broker's PSTN gateway.

Remember, never try to make call in which the caller and the callee will have the same public IP (e.g. make calls to your own system from your own system). That will cause error.
Outbound calls work fine. Incoming calls work fine when calling a sip-uri, but NOT when calling a sip-code. Calling 2001@sip.dfear.co.uk works, but calling *86042001 (which goes to the same extension as the sip-uri) doesn't.

I tried two UK SIP Broker PSTN gateway's and tried calling *86042001 and neither made the (soft)phone ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty98 View Post
And here come my question . Could you tell me how to apply for such a sip-code like yours (*8604)? I've tried to register a new member account, but it allow me to get just a SIP Broker alias (for normal SIP user) but not a sip-code (for SIP server).

Just go to SIPBroker - Provider White Pages and fill in the box labeled SIP Proxy under Add Proxy. Enter in the box the domain name for your server which runs the sip proxy / asterisk server.
dfear is offline   Reply With Quote