View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
rickbpdq

rickbpdq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Ok, so you have [my FWD number]@mydomain.no-ip.biz registered with SipBroker and an alias assigned to it..

Some things to try:
-Ensure that Receive Calls with No Registration (or something along those lines) in the SPA is set to yes
-I would turn off DMZ
-If the router has UPnP activate that
-Also hopefully you can find Port Forwarding (or Port Range Forwarding) in your router (it lets you tell the router that activity in certain ports is to be handled by your SPA by specifying the SPA's internal subnet IP as the destination)
-Try forwarding the following ports to your SPA:
5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (This is a bit hardware/software specific, it may change from one to the next, check within your device it should have a specification of which RTP ports it uses, these are usually the ports responsible of handling audio during a call)

If all that fails, I'd suggest getting a free VoXalot account, and have your FWD permanently forwarded to your VoXalot acct.... (VoXalot uptime is pretty good)

For later on thinking: Once you have yourself set up with a reliable incoming SIP URI whether user@fwd.pulver.com or user@mydomain.no-ip.biz or user@voxalot.com, you could set up ENum, so people can reach you at YourRegularPSTNNumber@sipbroker.com or call a SipBroker Access Number, then enter your number in Intl format when prompted and they'll ring your ATA... (see e164.org)
Yes, I have the option selected to receive calls without registration.

I forwarded the port ranges you suggested to the Sipura device, but no improvement. Since the original post, I upgraded to a Netgear FVS338 router, which does not support UPnP, I suspect for security reasons.

I agree that leaving the Sipura device in the DMZ is not the correct decision from a security standpoint. But from a troubleshooting standpoint, the fact that the device was in the DMZ should have eliminated closed ports as a possible cause of my problem.

I will look into a Voxalot account and report back with my results.

One new piece of information: I logged into my IPKall account, and changed my sip proxy to mydomain.dyndns.biz. I experienced identical results as with Sipbroker: the phone rings, but no audio in either direction.

Thanks for helping me with my problem.
rickbpdq is offline   Reply With Quote