View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
rickbpdq

rickbpdq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Hmmm...

I assume the SipBroker alias is an alias for the FWD account in question right?

I also assume right now you have FWDNumber@fwd.pulver.com registered with SipBroker (to which you've assigned an alias), correct?

Give this a try FWDUserName@fwd.pulver.com instead and see if anything changes?

BTW, If you happen to have [my FWD number]@mydomain.dyndns.biz as the URI registered in SipBroker for which you have assigned an alias that could be the reason you're having an issue (I can only say this as a guess, but to the best of my knowledge, SipBroker is fond of SRV records, and the dyndns adress is propably only an A record)
To answer the first question, I chose my FWD number as my sipbroker alias. This is so that the FWD line in my SPA1001 will function as both my FWD line and the handler of any incoming direct-dial calls.

I did as you suggested, and changed my SipBroker user ID to [my FWD number]@fwd.pulver.com. It worked. I was able to get two way audio by entering *0111[my SipBroker alias]#. But my goal in setting up a SipBroker account was to bypass FWD altogether. FWD is fairly stable but sometimes there are outages with the proxy servers. So I want a method to connect directly to my system without having to go through FWD, to cut out the middleman so to speak.

Thinking it might be an issue with SipBroker not liking dyndns, I changed my address to [my FWD number]@mydomain.no-ip.biz. But no improvement: the phone rings but no audio either way.

If it is an issue with SipBroker not liking Dyndns, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the fact that my phone rings indicates that SipBroker is able to successfully find me.

Thinking it might be an issue of not having the right ports open, I put the Sipura device in the DMZ, but no improvement was observed.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
rickbpdq is offline   Reply With Quote