Thread: Proxy out
View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Really? I am the one who suggested the settings to you and I can't seem to use them myself. Dialing out works--testing with Voicestick as my priority 1 generic provider in Voxalot. I have my username (1518xxxxxxx) and host (206.165.50.116) and port 5060, with my password entered and codecs selected, Active Yes and SIP Register Yes. Yet I cannot receive any calls at my ATA registered with Voxalot. Oddly, calling from Teliax I hear a ring several times, and then go to a slow busy (error 503 on my Grandstream) but no ringing will ever occur on my ATA. Calling from SkypeOut and there is a long pause and then a 'your number cannot be completed as dialed' operator warning.

However with my Voicestick softphone up and running concurrently--not changing any Voxalot registration settings, a call to my phone number rings the softphone (but still not the Voxalot address). I can pick up with the softphone and have a regular conversation.

Voicestick is the only company demonstrating this behaviour for me. VBuzzer, FWD, and Gizmo Project all work fine with my current settings as far as I can tell. I'd appreciate it if you (or anyone) has any idea what I can do to fix it. I thought it was a Voxalot server-side problem initially. But if call-in works for Voicestick with anyone else here then it probably would be one of my settings, unless the specific number I have with them is freaky-deaky. Can other people be called at their Voicestick number(s) registered to Voxalot where it works fine?

Last edited by ctylor; 06-08-2006 at 12:44 AM.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote