View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

I have also made the jump over to Sipsorcery using their automatic Import tool to migrate all my providers, dial plans and 270-odd speed dials. It all happened instantly and, after entering my passwords, the providers registered and everything just worked as far as I could tell. I have not noticed a difference in call quality but calls seem to take a little longer to connect, not a huge issue for us.

My wife and I are happy that we can continue to use our speed dial list, although it is not presented as attractively as in Voxalot and not searchable alphabetically. As we had two Voxalot accounts, I have also opened a second SIP account, which I believe is covered under the same US$35, and migrated the dial plans and speed dials to that account as well.

I am still in the 7 day evaluation period and will pay the $35, not because I really need SS, but because I'm interested in learning more about what it can do. It seems to offer more than what Voxalot did and I think it's going to be fun learning more about it. Maybe once I'm more familiar with SS, i won't miss Voxalot so much.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote