View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #30
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

I don't make a habit of posting false information

The Betamax FUP has not changed for over a year.

Notwithstanding Martin's comments above about the DID provider's IP address being the only one available ...

... I don't quite understand if people think someone has diagnosed that the IP address of the DID provider is indeed being analysed by Betamax fair use policy conditions, or if this has just been assumed rather easily to be the only possibility.

I doubt it myself, as I have had no problems, and I know that plenty of people in the UK are using this same provider. And I have seen no complaints on certain forums that calls are either not working or being charged.

I can't see any blocking of call forwarding either. This comment applies to my DIDs forwarded direct to Voipcheap or Voipbuster accounts, even with calls on the VC account forwarded via a DID and answered on the VB account. Likewise, calling to a DID forwarded to my Voxalot account, which I forwarded just at the moment using Voipcheap as provider to the DID pointed at the Voipbuster account, I have no problems.

And all these forwarded calls, either direct from the VC account or using VC in Voxalot, were free of charge in the VC account, not charged 1 cent a minute as some have suggested above, so is clearly still qualifying under the FUP.

Also, I haven't seen any comments surface yet on the Voipbuster forum about call forwarding problems with Budgetphone DIDs to Betamax accounts.

So I think that there is something else happening, rather than a Betamax FUP condition on DID suppliers. Or if there is, it doesn't apply to all.

As for call forwarding using JustVoip to my mobile, I don't wish to argue with people who suggest I am making this up, but I have been doing this for months. Just point a DID at the SIP address. Although there is (or was?) apparently no support for SIP registering for outgoing calls with JV, this particular trait has worked from the beginning. Or as someone suggested months ago, forward another Betamax account to the JV username

Also, why people are suggesting that call forwarding to chargeable destinations will be blocked by Betamax when a fair use policy is reached which does not even apply to such calls, I have no idea whatsoever.

I'm sorry I can't help with the problems that some people are having, but can we have a bit less guesswork and other issues please?
andy is offline   Reply With Quote