View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

Are you trying to redirect calls to your Voxalot Number?

Sip call forwarding (when set up on the ATA) is really a Redirection service only. It can be Made to work but if you want calls to your Voxalot Account to be forwarded then you need to either Get an IP PBX or use the Voxalot Web interface to forward.

Just to Explain:
When you Spa recieves an Invite message from a Call and you have set up Call Forwarding then your SPA sends a SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily response to the Caller (regardless of if a direct IP call of from a VSP)

Code:
SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Call-ID: 3c4ece54a122-emcwrclzpc90@snom320-000
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062;branch=z9hG4bK-aj2agdfictp8
To: <sip:zzzzzz@au.voxalot.com>;tag=513103zk
Content-Length: 0
Allow: ACK,BYE,CANCEL,INVITE,INFO,NOTIFY,OPTIONS,PRACK,REFER,UPDATE
It's then up to the VSP (or ATA if an IP Call) to call the number specified in the Contact: line.

When calling from another Voxalot account, it generally goes straight to VMail. MNF is the only VSP, i know of, that if someone calls your DID and you have call forwarding set it will forward the call. Some return the Redirection notice back to the ATA and in the case of my Epygi Quadro, it makes a new call to the new contact number, some VSP's return Forbidden.

The way it works currently, If you Direct IP Dial a number YOU may end up paying for the redirected call. PM me if you want to test
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote