View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

I think we are all are waiting for a similar feature with a delay...ring at home if not answered ring on mobil or a forward to another numbers which would ring simultaneously. (home a mobile) and would connect to whichever end pick up first

I have managed to sythetically create a delay feature....for my WIFI/mobile phone combination. If I get the call on a WIFI the cost is zero...but if I get a forward call on a GSM network I am talking about 40 Euro Cents.

Here is how I did it

First I created another voxpremium account on top of the one I had(Lets call Account A and Account B) (voxalot if making good money on me, it was fun to try when it was free but now tests costs money)

On the way, I encountered a problem in that when I connected both premium accounts to the same voice provider, only one would ring (probably because they had same number and same IP and the signal can not split ? ). I needed both to ring at the same time

now what I did is I opened a second landline with my voice provider (30$ extra + the voxalot fee to open the extra premium account)

My provider allows me to divert calls after x seconds. Therefore now I get all calls in VOIP line A connected to Account A and if not answered they get diverted to line B, Account B (premium account B that has a forward to my mobile.

HURRA mo more logings in and out of the website everytime I want to do a forward.... now all is done authomatically.

I was getting crazy of connecting and disconnecting this forward feature.

Disadvantage I need to keep 2 lines and pay rental + (15 bucks per year to voxalot)

unless someone hows how a can I get the accoutn to ring simultaneously on both premium accounts connected to the same voice service provider.
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote