View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
hust

hust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
The Voxalot servers have built in logic that can detect whether or not they need to alter the client messages and/or proxy the voice stream.

When you set "Symmetric NAT Handling" to "No" it basically tells Voxalot to disable this logic.
Just now, i have confirmed my NAT(Netgear wgr614v6) is cone NAT type, not symmetric NAT type. My ATA SPA-3102 is behind the NAT.

After that, I set "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "yes" on the Member Details page , and i disabled stun server and kept outbound proxy blank in my ATA. I find that i can make call via Voxalot successfully.

My understanding is:

1.Whether your ATA is behind cone NAT type or symmetric NAT type,if i you set "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "yes" ,Voxalot will act as OUTBOUND proxy server even that you have disabled stun server and kept outbound proxy blank in your ATA.

2.if i you set "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "no" , only when your ATA has a public IP address or your ATA is behind cone NAT , can you have chance to optimize your voice route. If your ATA is behind symmetric NAT,you have not any way to optimize your voice route ,even that you can not make any call via Voxalot.

Are these correct?

Thanks.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote