View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberlant View Post
Be careful about a Dial Plan sending all * calls to SIPBroker. If you can get this to work, it will be at the expense of all of your feature codes in your ATA. No more Call Forwarding, etc.
True.

However, if instead of sending all codes starting with a * to SIP Broker, you only send the codes that start with a * and at least 3 digits to SIP Broker, than that problem goes away. In that case, your adapter can be setup to handle *xx codes (such as *69), but you can still dial SIP Broker numbers directly on your phone...

BTW: I know this works on at least some adapters, as that's how I've got my SPA-3000 setup. i.e. I can dial the *xx codes, and the adapter handles them. But I can also just dial a SIP Broker sequence (followed by the #-key to let the adapter know I'm done dialing), and that also goes through properly! But to do that I had to setup two dial plan pieces, one for the *xx codes (that I wanted the adapter to handle), and a 2nd dial plan piece for *xxx[x*]. codes (which I wanted SIP Broker to handle).
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote