View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your replies. I think you are both right, it seems it's a question of two different strategies to address the same issue.

I also found this in another thread from Martin:
Quote:
So just to re-iterate, if you want to properly receive the ACK message from the other end point, and you are behind a firewall, you must either:

1. Use a protocol like STUN to perform client side NAT handling (Note: STUN is broken in SJPhone and needs to be disabled. Make sure the "Use discovered addresses in SIP" is unchecked. I suspect this is half your problem)
2. Open up your firewall ports and forward to your device
3. Register your device with a proxy that has built-in NAT handling capabilities. End Quote:

I'm using STUN, have the ATA in the DMZ and have Voxlalot doing the NAT handling, so I should have all bases covered ( unless I'm overcooking it ! )

I've got my other PC now working by bypassing the ATA and VoIP traffic stable by just using Voxlalot. I'm changing ISP and systems end June so I'm going to leave it there for the moment. I need the system running and can't give any more time to testing at the moment.

Thanks for all your help with this, I'll let you know what happens after my system change.

Best regards

Grahame

Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote