View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #15
vk4akp

vk4akp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vk4akp Send a message via AIM to vk4akp Send a message via MSN to vk4akp Send a message via Yahoo to vk4akp Send a message via Skype™ to vk4akp
Thumbs down OMG What a shock

Well, where to start..

I only came across this by mistake. What a big shock.

I thought I finally got my VoIP setup and under control.

I now have a big learning curve before I can re-evaluate the situation again.

OK, Firstly I use 3 VoXaLot accounts, and I was considering a 4th for when I get a mobile that supports WiFi and SIP.

No way could I aford or justify US$100 a Year to maintain these 4 numbers.

Here is my setup.

VoXaLot Accounts (4).
1 - Billion 6404VGP Port1. (Regestered to PennyTel for my DID inbound calls).
2 - Billion 6404VGP Port2.
3 - Forwarded number to my Conference provider.
4 - MObile Phone supporting WiFI / SIP. (Planned for the near future).

I assume the following will happen when I am switched to VoXbasic.

- I will no longer receive incomming calls from my PennyTel DID?
- Calls will no longer be forwarded to my Conference line?

I assume that most of this can be Handled by the Billion 6404VGP ATA instead of VoXaLot?

I am also considering setting up an Asterisk box here.

If I do this there are two things I am not sure about.

- How do I use / support SipBroker prefixes without VoXaLot access?
- Is it possible to hand off connections for my Conference line without each forwarded connection using local bandwidth.

The reason I run the conference offsite now is because my internet connection could not handle any more then maybe 3 concurrent calls and even then it's pushing things. Not to mention the limited data alotted each month.

Out of interest if VoxPremium offered up to say 4-5 accounts for the US$25 a year. I would definatly consider it.

For most users one VoXaLot account for US$25 will not be enough to meet their needs.

The prospect of having to pay an additional US$25 per account is likely to put them off using VoXaLot for their VoIP needs totally.

Most ATA's offer two phone ports. Most will want seperate numbers for each. As specially those wanting to use Fax on one line.

With mobile phones starting to support WiFi / SIP there is a third or even 4th account even possibly required by the user.

.-.-.