View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
herman

herman is on a distinguished road
Default restricting numbers on virtual toll free

My objective is to restrict the numbers that virtual toll free will call. I want to be much more restrictive on the numbers I allow for virtual toll free than for calls from home which I have (in theory) more control over.

The way I do this at present is to have two Voxalot accounts, one I use for routing my VoIP providers for most calls (premium account) one I use for Virtual toll free (Basic account). I use dial plans, or whatever they are called now, to restrict the numbers I allow on the basic account (I route restricted calls to an invalid number).

I then use the call forwarding to route calls from the Basic account to the premium account. However this will become chargeable, I believe, and I don't want to pay twice just for the priviledge of restricting calls.

So today I tried the obvious logical alternative, which is to register the basic account in the providers of my premium account, but this is not allowed (the error message is that the voxalot server is already a provider).

Any other ideas anyone as to how to achieve the objective at the beginning without paying for two accounts. I don't begrudge paying money (we have had the service free up until now of course) but I do think that paying twice is a bit steep.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote