View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2000 View Post
Hi folks,

I use voxalot with a PAP2 and a plain telephone. Some friends of mine are registered with some VoIP-Provider (e.g. VoipBuster) that don't provide inbound phone numbers (at least not for free) and therefore I tried the following approach:

1.) Do some research on their site where I found the following in the FAQ:

Can I link a DID number to my Voipbuster account?

Yes you can, if you use a DID-number supplier you have to forward your DID to: username@sip.Voipbuster.com

2.) Therefore I added a friend of mine to my speed dialing list with a SIP URI as proposed above, but I always got the busy tone.

3) I assumed that the characters in the username are the problem and therefore modified my dial plan to the following pattern: _[a-zA-Z0-9].

4) Although I have been able to call phone numbers in the above format via the provider "Voxalot", I hat no success with the example above.

Is there a reason for this limitation?

best regards

Tom
You're not doing anything wrong perse, nor is this limited. It would work with any SIP URI except the BetaMax group (well just in case remember that a SIP URI needs to be entered as sip:username@sip.Voipbuster.com --note the sip: at the beginning)

It has already been noted (and the VoXalot team notified) that for some reason both VoXalot and SipBroker (be it via SIP URI, or Sip Code dialing and Aliases in SipBroker) have an issue delivering SIP URI calls to any of the BetaMax group...

As far as I know this still remains unresolved.

One solution has been for example:
If you have a VoipBuster acct. you set up a speed dial, but rather than SIP URI use the username of your friend as the phone number and choose VoipBuster as the provider...

This is probably trickier in your case since you may have friends accross different BetaMax clones (and making one account with each would be a solution, but also a pain).

I would attemt two things if I were you (neither of which have been well tested):
1. Try using e164.org to assign them ENum numbers for those SIP URIs
2. Try using another middleman like MySipSwitch to create SpeedDials for those SIP URIs which you can then access from VoXalot...

Last edited by emoci; 11-30-2008 at 02:37 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote