View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road

The Salvador, Brazil, access number cannot be used when calling from a cell phone from within the Salvador area code (71). This is the case with all major cell providers in Brazil--OI, Vivo, TIM, Claro. This has been going on for months now. Yet landline calls get through.

All calls from cellulars produce a message to the effect that "this number does not exist." Of course, it is in Portuguese and varies from cell provider to cell provider.

It looks like any Salvdor number from the Brazilian provider Voipsharing exhibits the same problem, at least anything beginning with 3717. They don't seem to be in the cell companies' routing tables.

I have purchased Salvador DIDs from North American companies who use Voipsharing as a partner and have the same problem with those. Also, services such as Mobivox use 3717 numbers in Salvador for local access, and they can't be dialed with cell phones.

I have contacted my DID providers about this until I am blue in the face, and they can never seem to get the problem fixed. IMHO, Voipsharing needs a good kick in the butt or should stop offering Salvador numbers. In Brazil, there are more cell phones than landlines, so cellular access is extremely important.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote