View Single Post
Unread 11-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply DracoFelis

I am a big advocate of Voxalot and actually signed up with them and registered my Phone in e164.org before buying any equipment or signing up with a VSP. I love what you guys are doing.

I eventually purchased a Billion 7404VGO and one of the selling features for me was it “ENUM Support” and I wanted VPN. Unfortunately the product does not quite work as advertised.

I had a dig around via the CLI of the Billion and found that it also supports the same 5 roots you mentioned. (see http://www.billion.com.au/forums/ind...showtopic=7603); Unfortunately it only works if there is an ENUM record. No fallback mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
(as the article leaves out key pieces of info).
Unfortunately, this is true for most new VoIP products. And of course not everyone follows the std’s either. Interestingly the snom wiki mentions RFC2915 (section Substitution Expression Grammar) in it’s dialplan substitution rules docos.

There is an entry in the Snom’s configuration which enables you to enter the ENUM Root to use. It did say e164.apra and I changed it to e164.org. There is enough room in the GUI, so hopefully they will allow for additional entries.

The [maybe not so] obvious reason I am trying to find a hardware solution is because some VSP’s lock you in and don’t subscribe to the Sipbroker/Voxalot/e164.org open, caring, sharing approach and I’m trying to find a way around that (as one does) . These VSP’s typically don’t work with Voxalot either.

I’ll see if I can get any info from Snom, maybe I should send them a link to e164.org.

Cheers,
Mark
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote