View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
redwood

redwood is on a distinguished road

This is really weird... the same thing is happening to me (and I'm on the other side of the world)...
Recently we have been having a series of 'phantom calls' during the night (between midnight and 4am) – these calls show no Caller ID or in fact, that there is no incoming call happening... even overseas calls generally show 'incoming' call on the telephone - Uniden fp106 – if there is a call with caller ID etc, (when you check the Uniden phone log for missed calls, it doesn't even show that these calls came in... that's weird!) – the phones ring... I pick it up, there is nothing there, no dial tone or noise – (no heavy breathing either !), I hang up, and then it rings again within the minute. After a few times of this, and my wife is getting angry, I take it off the hook, or unplug the Minitar ata, so we can go back to sleep.
The Minitar is registered with WDP and MNF. It really does not seem like people are calling us during the night – eventually they would get through to us, I'm sure.
The other VOIP phone we have is using VOXALOT and uses MNF, ENGIN & PENNYTEL ( and yes our primary telephone number is registered with E.164) and this may be the link with all of this - Is something going wrong there ?

Anyone got any suggestions for this (I'm already thinking of unplugging ATA/Phones after 9pm)
just thought I'd share what's happening as it sounds very familiar
thanks
David

Last edited by redwood; 06-19-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: inccorect detail
redwood is offline   Reply With Quote