View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Yes, I've been having a problem making outgoing calls to the PSTN too, and my VSP is a Betamax reseller (justvoip). The problem actually cropped up earlier this week. On Mon. or Tues., I was suddenly unable to make outgoing calls to the PSTN. I tried various things like rebooting my ATA, but calls were still not going through. Any call I would attempt to the PSTN would result in a period of silence (say 10 seconds) followed by a busy signal. Same result for all PSTN numbers I tried.

I decided to just turn off the ATA for a period of time. Then, when I turned it back on ca. 15 minutes later, things seemed to have returned to normal. I was once again able to make outgoing calls to the PSTN. Momentary hardware glitch, I decided.

But then the same problem cropped up again midday Wed. and continues until today. I have tried everything, including rebooting and shutting off the ATA, switching the proxy as you suggested, etc. I also tried using a softfone (sjphone) instead of going through the ATA. Same result occurs for me. Any call I attempt to the PSTN, whether I use the ATA or a softpone configured to authenticate to my voxalot account, has the same result: a long period of silence followed by a busy signal.

The only exception is when I dial a toll free number. I have special dialing rules set up for toll free numbers, by the way, so that they get handled through voxalot, and not by justvoip.

Today I did another test to try and determine where the problem lies. I configured sjphone to use my justvoip account, without trying to go through voxalot. When I did that, calls made to the PSTN were terminated normally. So I don't think the problem has to do with justvoip or Betamax per se. Maybe somehow voxalot and justvoip are not communicating properly, but my account there is valid and usable, as I proved today.

Please troubleshoot and fix this problem, voxalot. I need to be able to make outgoing calls to the PSTN again.

James

PS I did not touch any configurations in my account or anything prior to these problem cropping up. I have done virtually nothing to my voxalot account since I set it up a couple months ago. So this is not related to anything I've done. And I think I've ruled out it being a hardware problem on my end (since both the softfone and the ATA give the same results). Help!

UPDATE: Now, having left the ATA on for a few minutes with the eu.voxalot.com proxy setting, my outgoing calls to the PSTN are once again working. If I switch back to us.voxalot.com and start having problems again, I'll post further to this thread.

Last edited by tatjam; 05-15-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: update
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote