View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
patag

patag is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Voxalot forwarding.

Hi.. I'm using Voxalot with Mynetfone.. At the moment I have Voxalot forwarding calls to my mobile.

I'm using the "Call forward" feature under the Member menu.

My mobile rings ok... it displays my Mynetfone DID as the incoming call.. which is to be expected.. (would be nice if it could show the original caller instead).

When my mobile rings.. if I don't answer it within 10 seconds.. the call goes to my message bank.. this is fine, so -

- if someone calls my Mynetfone DID
-> voxalot forwards to my mobile
-> my mobile rings, forwards to message bank if not answered (mobile message bank)

The above does not always work.

When my mobile calls... if I don't answer it, the following happens around 20% of the time..

- someone calls my Mynetfone DID
-> my mobile starts ringing
-> I don't answer my mobile in time..
-> instead of the person hearing my message bank... it keeps ringing forever! they never get to the messagebank
-> the person then just hangs up in frustration
-> my mobile then says I have a new voice message
-> i listen to the voice message... it's just full of static & garbage! nothing that resembles a voice at all.

The remaining 80% of the time.. the person will get to my message bank as normal.

The problem is - as the incoming call is displayed as my Mynetfone DID.. I have no way to determine who called if they didn't leave a voice message. I can't call them back!

Can Voxalot log incoming calls in some way? (ie log caller ID)

Or, can anyone explain why some calls don't go to messagebank?

Am I using Voxalot correctly?

Thanks.
patag is offline   Reply With Quote