Thread: Nokia Support
View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:03 AM   #79
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokuser View Post
When I get registered with voxalot using nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) inbound calls work only for a short period of time. After a while the inbound caller gets 'user is unavailable'.

I can make outbound calls any time - no problems. In the sip settings I have Voxalot always registered and according to nokia e61 it stays registered.

I have a softphone working (outbound and inbound any time) with voxalot using nokia as a modem, so ports etc are OK.

I am not suggesting that there is a problem with my voxalot account.

I think that the Nokia E61 sip client is a bit problematic and that it needs some research to get it to work.
Can you help me?

Hmm, it seems that your E61's SIP client problem is exactly the same as the problem on my E70, which I described at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post9619 . It looks as if E Series Nokia SIP clients' registration don't "stick" for long when registered with VoXaLot, otherwise people would be able to call us after the first few minutes of registration.

Maybe the registration timing interval required by VoXaLot is not compatible with the Nokia SIP clients????????

Anyway, as I mention in my post that I gave a link to above, I am using Fring for SIP with VoXaLot for the time being.

However, it would be very nice if someone were able to come up with a fix for using the Nokia SIP client directly with VoXaLot, as Fring is a BETA testing product, which may or may not be free to use in the longer term.
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote