Thread: Voxalot port ?
View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #39
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
I have a strange, and possibly related question.

At my place of work I can get voxalot, voipcheap and skype to all work when using a softphone (x-lite, voipcheap and skype clients respectively).

But when I use an ATA to hook up to the network it won't allow calls, either via voxalot or to voipcheap directly.

To me this suggests this isn't a port problem (if it were then why would the softphone work?), but I can't see what the problem would be.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but I thought it may be the same topic, if not then please let me know and I'll start a new thread.
To me, when one device works within a network, and another doesn't on the same network (i.e. X-lite vs. an ATA), it means definitely the non-working device is misconfigured somehow. ATAs are fairly complicated to setup compared to X-lite and have a lot more settings. The Voxilla forum is the best place in my opinion for information on configuring ATAs to get them working within your network.

I think this thread was meant for people who are banned from using port 5060 by their internet provider (typically only by some European university campuses and by Middle Eastern service providers), while most of the latter posts are by people who probably aren't affected by that and have something setup wrong.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote