Unread 02-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
biasosoft

biasosoft is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to biasosoft Send a message via Skype™ to biasosoft
Default Some more tests and considerations

Hi Martin,
thanks again for your help.
Just some more considerations about my previous testings:
- My test calling directly 230663 was not significative, since my dial plan would route it to 30663@voipcheap.com., not exisiting. Sorry I did not think about this.
- The deduction that I'm able to dial ONLY numbers starting with * seems not completely correct to me, since I would have been able to call *393612 and I should not have been able to call other direct voxalot number with no leading *. (On the contrary I can, as I wrote in my previous post)
- I don't think my device is not allowing numbers starting without "*" as I could use it with no problem directly registering it into voipcheap.com.
- At the same time, the same model with the same setup was used by a friend of mine on its IP, with my voxalot data, with no problems!
- In any case the random results of the calls to *393612 and 393612 make me think that the real call begins some seconds before I can hear something (so sometimes I miss the whole announce, sometimes I can just catch the its end)
In my opinion it should be something very critical with codecs or the way my packets are set up by the router, and at the same time something different in the low level behavior of the calls to *<number> and routing attempts to other providers. May be the way voxalot direct connection and forwarded connections treat local IP addresses inside IP packets. My Router Netgear DG834PN seems not to manage ALG, but I could not find much info about this.
- The real VERY strange thing to me it is that I can setup my phone to call directly with voipcheap.com. I'ts working with any call, I can hear ring tones, I don't miss the beginning of the calls. If I try through voxalot ... just nothing!!! What is the low level stuff about this?
Have you got any suggestion? This is driving me crazy! I'm practically not sleeping since two days!
Thanks again.
Regards,
Luca
biasosoft is offline   Reply With Quote