View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
biasosoft

biasosoft is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to biasosoft Send a message via Skype™ to biasosoft
Question Echo Ok but cannot dial out

Hy to all,
I'm experiencing a strange problem which seems related to my phone/router and voxalot combination: Samsung WIP 6000M, Netgear RangeMax DG834PN.

Problem is (When phone is registered to voxalot):
- Calls to *600 (echo) work fine,
- Calls from/to voxalot numbers can be received but not dialed (other party's phone does not ring) but if they call me everything works.
- Calls through voxalot using my registered providers cannot be dialed (other party's phone does not ring)

But if I register my phone directly with voipcheap everything works fine.

Even more strange: if a friend of mine (same SIP phone, different router, same Internet Provider) sets up my voxalot account into his phone, everything works!!! (So provider setup and dial plans of my voxalot account must be ok)
But if I use his account settings the problem is the same.

Setting up Xlite on my PC on voxalot works fine, even with Win XP SP2 firewall activated!

Note: this behavior remains unchanged either with or without port forwarding on the router.
The rules forward port 5060..5070, 49648 (UDP/TCP) to my SIP phone local fixed IP address.
(Anyway I'm not sure that these are the only ranges and type of protocol that need to be forwarded...please if anyone knows exactly which port are to be forwarded, tell me please )
The router log does not report any "strange" blocked packets with the exception of some matching of port forwarding rules (when they are activated) on port 5060 and port 49648.

I'm blocked: the only experiment left to me is to go tomorrow to an house of a friend of mine and to try with his internet connection and his Belkin router!!!

Please, give me some hints to try to understand whre the problem is and how I can solve it.
Thanks in advance,
Luca
biasosoft is offline   Reply With Quote