View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #116
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road
Default re-routing (forwarding) incoming calls

Guys thank you for your great job!

I am new here and my question is about having Voxalot to re-route (forward) incoming calls from one my sip account to another without any registration of my ATA hardware with Voxalot.

Suppose someone is to call one of my following three sip-accounts
username1@sip.vitelity.net
username2@fwd.pulver.com
username3@sipnet.ru

Now, I would like to re-route (forward) such incoming calls to my yet another sip-account username4@sipnet.ru. I know that the provider of this account allows inbound sip calls from any sip network.

So what I will do is the following. I will add the first three accounts to my Provider List with option “SIP Register” set to “YES”. And will add the fourth account to Call Forwarding list as default. I will NOT register my ATA with Voxalot. Instead, I will register my ATA with the provider of the fourth account. The fourth account does not (must not?) be listed in my Provider List. Now, if anyone calls any of the three accounts, my ATA will ring and receive the call. Am I missing anything?

My question is partially motivated by a situation of having an incoming DID number which does not allow me to point this DID to a sip account of my choice, the provider of the DID assigns its sip account.

Update:
I have made all the settings as described above and waited for 1 hour.
The status of all the three accounts is still "Not registered".

My Voxalot number is 189578

Update:
After about 3hrs, only one of the three accounts, namely, username2@fwd.pulver.com gets forwarded. Will wait and see…

Last edited by rybshik; 09-28-2006 at 08:36 AM.
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote