View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Do a search in the forums. There are too many useful discussions. Each case has its own fix.

betamax (or any of its clone),
1. shouldn't have any problem if you use a dedicated ata to run it. I use spa1001, line2 setup for betamax. zero problem.
2. voxalot.
First, how to use betamax is related with where you are (au, eu or us?)
As suggested many times, in usa, proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com, not voxalot.com should be used. similar rule for au or eu proxy.
3. FUP.
need to specify what kind of calls you did.
in usa, with the proper proxy (proxy1/2.us1.voxalot.com) via voxalot, domestic calls don't have FUP, i.e. free usa domestic call. But international calls may meet FUP. And some users get FUP more than other users. To use betamax without FUP on international calls, back to is rule#1, a dedicated ata.
4.betamax outbound CID.
It may work or may not. In another word, it works for some users, but won't for some others without a reason.
To register CID, you need to download and install its software. You have three times to try registration. Then you are locked, couldn't try any more unless you open a new betamax account.
5.betamax has no any support. Don't expect it.

Spend a little time to try or find best solution. then stuck with it.
I have been using betamax 6 ~7 years. voipstunt, actionvoip, rynga,... Cheap services, therefore no complaints.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote