View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #8
psehorne

psehorne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
There is a delay of about 5 minutes after you clear the messages and/or set the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) subscription to Yes before the stutter goes away. The Voxalot server updates MWI on a periodic basis.

Absence of dial tone usually indicates that the SIP device is not registering to the SIP server. This could be fo a number of reasons, like server is not avilable, NAT issues, or bad entries on the ATA.

If possible update the ATA to the latest firmware, as some of the earlier firmware had some issues.
You are correct. When I had no dialtone the ATA was not registered. Problem is that I don't know why. The only change I made was the MWI parameter. I've had problems before when I use the browser on this particular machine, regardless of whether I use Firefox (my usual browser) or revert to I.E. Some of the date in the fields gets corrupted, and I think this is what resulted in the failure to register. I went to another machine and was able to remove the corrupt data and reconfigure it correctly and thing healed.

I'll have to remember to not use this machine to configure the ATA. Don't know why, but the problem goes away if I delete all cookies; but I don't want to do that because I have some cookies that are useful to me.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.

Paul
psehorne is offline   Reply With Quote