View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
Thank you for the tremendous explanation, I did even know if anyone would understand my request (since I have problem explaining it myself). Now to go a bit fufther into its use, I do have to make it very simple for the person using it.

My dialplan is not designed to restrict dialling, or perform anything fancy, just to be easy for the user:

1 - in the 3102 I set it so that straight dialling with no prefix will use the Line 1 VSP. Prefix it with # will select GW1 WITHOUT a secondary tone, it will dial straight via GW1. So now my GW1 will have Voxalot account

2 - Voxalot is setup likewise, straight dial will dial via one preferred VSP and this is what I want to use.

So how do I dial? Will a simple #1234567 make it work?
Setting aside any minor complications, you should be fine (but run a test to be on the safe side)

One thing you may want to pay some attention to is this:

Using your example, dialing #1234567 will dial 1234567 via VoXalot (which will then route it accordingly based on the Smart Call/Dial Plans), however you may find yourself waiting for a delay of time, one way to speed up the process is to instead dial #1234567#

The # at the end in 'VoXalot terms' tells the system you are done dialing, so it should dial the number straight out. My only worry is if the last # triggers some sort of feature on the SPA as well, so it's worth testing to make sure....

But your preferred dialing method should be more like #1234567# for VoXalot

If you run into problems, remember there is a test tool under Smart Call/Dial Plans that simulates a dialed number, and tells you how it will route based on the dial plans

Remember, nothing beats you testing it out, I find there is always minor little details that get in the way, but the good news is once it's set, it is usually pretty reliable
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote