View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
peters

peters is on a distinguished road

1) i have similar issue, oztell DID forward to voxalot, calls drop in few mins.
if voxalot call voxalot, it's ok not drop.
using SPA-2100 connecting to voxalot for the above.

2) second issue calls drop at around 47mins ... details as follow:
using spa3000, register voxalot on line1, have the right dial plan and sip provider setup for pennytel. i have a lot of correspondence with pennytel support and finally got the reply as follow:
> On your side, could you please tell me if you ever test to call (I mean recently) even pennytel to pennytel and if you can make the call more than one hour? (i'm concerning if pennytel actually cut the line off

We were able to make calls exceeding an hour. Our engineers suggested
that this may be because of your RE-INVITES.

This usually happens when the sip device is not replying to the RE-INVITE send by our server. The RE-INVITE use to prevent runaway/rogue calls in case the sip device connections to our server suddenly disapears and the sip device cannot send a BYE(hangup) message. For Pennytel, we send the RE-INVITES every 47 minutes and if
no replies where made, the call is cut-off. This is a precautionary measure for us and our customers to prevent them from overbilled.

There are also possible reasons in which the sip device is not able to respond to the re-invite.

1. Sip Device is not receiving Re-Invites. try port forwarding or dmz.
2. Firmware issue. Please try to check for new updates/firmware for both the ATA and Broadband Router.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is any other issue .Thank you for choosing PennyTel.

I have follow the above but problem does not fix. I'm concerning with the way I setup, I believe a lot of people doing the same using voxalot and setup pennytel as provider and make calls via voxalot to pennytel, will that be voxalot side where they Re-Invites and does not get the respond from voxalot?
peters is offline   Reply With Quote