Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Initial setup (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1492)

woohoo 05-02-2007 04:30 AM

Initial setup

Hi,

I have a Sipura 2002 as my ATA hardware. I have two VSP's (Oztell & Sipme) with a DID with Oztell. I have registered both VSP's sucessfully with Voxalot and have setup the dial plans.

Now I am about to configure the ATA to point to au.voxalot.com. However, I would like to ask:

1/ If my ATA has voxalot details, can I still receive incoming calls to my DID with Oztell?

2/ What is the dial plan that I should use on the ATA ? Can I leave my current ATA dial plan intact?

3/ As I understand that the dial plans are executed according to the lowest number priority, I have entered the same dialling patterns but with different VSP's with different priorities, this should ensure that I have seamless fallback in case one fails right?

I have noticed on the forums that some people prefer to specifiy the alternative VSP by pressing a number at the beginning of their dialling number. Any particular reason for this besides, control or accounting purposes?

4/ In your Voxalot and VOIP Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough By Christopher Tylor (ctylor), do I need to add these settings as well or is it US centric only?

Primary NTP Server: pool.ntp.org
Secondary NTP Server: time.nist.gov

STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com

martin 05-02-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 8487)
1/ If my ATA has voxalot details, can I still receive incoming calls to my DID with Oztell?

Yes, if your DID is registered from within Voxalot an inbound call will ring your ATA

Quote:

2/ What is the dial plan that I should use on the ATA ? Can I leave my current ATA dial plan intact?

Best bet is to use [x*][x*]. also have a read of VoXaLot

Quote:

3/ As I understand that the dial plans are executed according to the lowest number priority, I have entered the same dialling patterns but with different VSP's with different priorities, this should ensure that I have seamless fallback in case one fails right?

No, dial plan failover is not operational as yet.

Quote:

I have noticed on the forums that some people prefer to specifiy the alternative VSP by pressing a number at the beginning of their dialling number. Any particular reason for this besides, control or accounting purposes?

They do it to choose a specific provider.

Quote:

4/ In your Voxalot and VOIP Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough By Christopher Tylor (ctylor), do I need to add these settings as well or is it US centric only?

Primary NTP Server: pool.ntp.org
Secondary NTP Server: time.nist.gov

STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com
The NTP settings are for a time server and are optional. The STUN settings are also optional, however once you are up and running are advised as they will allow the voice stream to bypass Voxalot.

woohoo 05-02-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 8488)

No, dial plan failover is not operational as yet.

So what you are saying is that, if I have :
10 _[4689]xxxxxxx 02${EXTEN} SIPME
15 _[4689]xxxxxxx 06612${EXTEN} Oztell

and if SIPME is down, and I dial say 94811111, it will not automatically divert the call to Oztell as the next priority? Any reason for this?

If the above is true, do you have an ETA for making this operational? I think it would be handy for redundancy.

martin 05-02-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 8509)
So what you are saying is that, if I have :
10 _[4689]xxxxxxx 02${EXTEN} SIPME
15 _[4689]xxxxxxx 06612${EXTEN} Oztell

and if SIPME is down, and I dial say 94811111, it will not automatically divert the call to Oztell as the next priority? Any reason for this?

If the above is true, do you have an ETA for making this operational? I think it would be handy for redunancy.

That's right it will not automatically divert. We plan to focus on this and many more enhancements some time in July.

woohoo 05-09-2007 04:01 AM

Hi Martin,

I was just trying to get this set up over the weekend and ran into a few sticky points.

I was not able to get my Oztell DID to ring from a PSTN / mobile phone. Your suggested article also mentions for this to occur, I would have to register with my VSP and not with Voxalot? Am I suppose to put in call fowarding?

I was able to dial out but it appeared slow and I was not able to hear the ringing tones from the phone that I was dialling from.

Any suggestions?

woohoo 05-10-2007 01:26 PM

Sorted. I can now receive incoming calls.