Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   config freespeech.co.uk? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1050)

PaulC 02-16-2007 06:06 AM

freespeech.co.uk as a 'provider'?

Freespeech.co.uk provides 'national' numbers in the UK for free. I'd like to set up my freespeech account on voxalot, but haven't had any success (status is reported as 'failed' on the 'providers' page).

The same login information works fine with X-Lite 3.0.

How do I debug this?

Paul

rec9140 04-06-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulC (Post 5549)
any success (status is reported as 'failed' on the 'providers' page).

Any resolution to this??

I am getting the same thing. I tried removing codecs and to match the list provided in the email, but still shows as failed.

martin 04-06-2007 09:35 AM

Before it reports "Failed" what does the status say?

If you set SIP Register="No"->Save->"Yes"->Save it will re-initiate the register.

rec9140 04-06-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7508)
Before it reports "Failed" what does the status say?

If you set SIP Register="No"->Save->"Yes"->Save it will re-initiate the register.

Done that.

It says "Request Sent" after a while it will then show as failed.

andy 04-06-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulC (Post 5549)
Freespeech.co.uk provides 'national' numbers in the UK for free.

I may be off-topic in asking, but ...

When you say this, are you referring to free outgoing calls up to 10 minutes a day, or do you mean the incoming number?

The 0844 number will cost 5p a minute for UK callers, won't come out of any inclusive minute packages except an O2 UK mobile contract, and is unlikely to be pstn-reachable from other countries.

There are some other free DIDs available, including one that can be pointed to an external SIP address.

rec9140 04-06-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 7511)
The 0844 number will cost 5p a minute for UK callers, won't come out of any inclusive minute packages except an O2 UK mobile contract, and is unlikely to be pstn-reachable from other countries.

Its interesting to see how others bill some numbers, most of this is unheard of in the US/North America. You have 900 and 976 exchanges that are billed per minute, but thats about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 7511)
There are some other free DIDs available, including one that can be pointed to an external SIP address.

I would be interested in other UK DID providers, with FREE inbound numbers where callers pay or inbound is free and no monthly costs.

I do NOT need outbound.

kurun 04-06-2007 02:22 PM

UK Incoming geographic number, reachable locally or from anywhere, can be obtained for "free" with a purchase of 10 British Pounds of calling credit from DrayTEL VoIP Service, with no ongoing charges.

This is not a true DID, but a VOIP account with an Incoming UK number. The account can be registered in Voxalot, and the audio quality is very good.

Voicestick is also offering free UK numbers, but these cannot be registered in Voxalot so far.

rec9140 04-07-2007 02:23 PM

getting back to the original setup questions

This is the email freespeech sends:

Generic Phone Settings
----------------------

SIP Server : freespeech.co.uk
SIP User ID : 0844****
Authenticate ID : 0844****
Authenticate Password : ****** (use the password you provided on
registration)
DTMF : in audio
Preferred Codec/Vocoder list
1 : G729A (or G729A/B)
2 : PCMA (G711)
3 : ILBC

if you are using STUN see note below
NAT Traversal (STUN) : YES
STUN server is : stun.freespeech.co.uk

I tried with just G729 and ILBC listed, still fails.

Any ideas or is there a hidden agenda by freespeech ??

The King 04-08-2007 03:53 PM

Use sipgate.co.uk

For UK residents they provide a free UK incoming number, at no cost and no minimum spend on outbound calls.

The provide standard 01... and 02.... numbers, i.e. not the 'premium rate' 0844 numbers, so is a much better option. And best still it works perfectly with voxalot.

rec9140 04-08-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 7562)
Use sipgate.co.uk

For UK residents they provide a free UK incoming number, at no cost and no minimum spend on outbound calls.

The provide standard 01... and 02.... numbers, i.e. not the 'premium rate' 0844 numbers, so is a much better option. And best still it works perfectly with voxalot.

Thanks, I already have them too with my 02 number.