Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Registration Framework (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=595)

martin 10-17-2006 01:55 PM

New Registration Framework

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we have deployed the new registration framework onto our production servers and are 24-48 hours away from turning it on.

This new framework will allow provider SIP registrations to be processed every 5 mins as opposed to the current 24 hour turnaround.

We will announce in this thread once we have activated this new feature.

Thanks.

441516 10-17-2006 02:13 PM

Congtarulations....

I wish you great success as the service you are providing is excellent.

Ron 10-18-2006 09:48 AM

Martin,

Have you made any changes to the SIP registration logic yet? I ask because I'm experiencing 'Failed' status on PlainVoIP and Voxee for the past 8 hours or so and I've never seen them fail before.

Ron

martin 10-18-2006 10:02 AM

Hi Ron,

Changes are not yet active, the code is in place but not turned on.

ctylor 10-18-2006 12:18 PM

You really shouldn't need to, or want to, register Voxalot with outbound-only providers like Voxee and PlainVoip. As someone wrote in a post over at the Voxilla forums:
Quote:

There is no need to register. Just place the call; authentication happens at call time. Registration is done so that *incoming* calls can be directed to your device. But you're not accepting incoming calls from Voxee, you're making outgoing calls, so registration isn't necessary. Turn it off on all devices. I haven't used Voxee in a while, but when I did I never had the device register. They might or might not allow multiple concurrent calls, but they don't require registration to place calls (or didn't when I used to use them). Just try it.

martin 10-18-2006 03:03 PM

Update

Ok the new software has been installed on all servers now for over 24 hours and although not yet fully activated, it does seem to be executing the active parts properly.

The next step is to turn on the delta registration logic which is literally a 30sec task for us to do. We plan to do this in approx 8 hours.

We will announce in this thread once this is done and closely monitor the service for the first 12 hours and all going well leave it in permanently.

Thanks for your support.

Ron 10-18-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor (Post 3554)
You really shouldn't need to, or want to, register Voxalot with outbound-only providers like Voxee and PlainVoip. As someone wrote in a post over at the Voxilla forums:

It's PlainVoip that is the main problem. I have a DID with them and cannot receive incoming calls without a SIP registration (which is currently in a continual 'Failed' status).

Ron

martin 10-18-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 3562)
It's PlainVoip that is the main problem. I have a DID with them and cannot receive incoming calls without a SIP registration (which is currently in a continual 'Failed' status).

Ron

Hi Ron,

PM me the username and hostname of the provider failing and I will check it out.

ctylor 10-18-2006 11:23 PM

Oh sorry I didn't realize that you had a DID with PlainVOIP. Btw, what is up with them lately; are they closing down? They removed paypal from their payment page for a while, and while now it is back up, if you try to issue a payment to them Paypal informs you with an error message that PlainVOIP is unable to receive payments.

Ron 10-19-2006 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 3564)
PM me the username and hostname of the provider failing and I will check it out.

Thanks, Martin, but I now think it's a PlainVoip problem. Two acquaintances who also use PlainVoIP are having similar problems and outbound calling is now failing too.

Ron