Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   SIP Broker Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   sipbroker with alpha sip uri (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2550)

luxluthor 11-14-2007 10:39 AM

sipbroker with alpha sip uri

Hello,

I registered with sipbroker and tried to get an alias set up. It failed, and gave met the message:

"???en.member.phone??? must be an integer."

Does that mean sipbroker does not work with rfc 3261 uri of the form:

sip:bob@biloxi.com

but only with uri of the form:

sip:12345@biloxi.com

Thanks for any info.

emoci 11-14-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxluthor (Post 14096)
Hello,

I registered with sipbroker and tried to get an alias set up. It failed, and gave met the message:

Does that mean sipbroker does not work with rfc 3261 uri of the form:

sip:bob@biloxi.com

but only with uri of the form:

sip:12345@biloxi.com

Thanks for any info.

SipBroker doesn't have a problem with bob@biloxi.com formatted URI (you managed to sign up successfully right?)

However, the alias you set up needs to be an integer:
eg. xxxxxxx@sipbroker.com will dial bob@biloxi.com which will in turn dial you up hopefully

I hope that helps...

luxluthor 11-14-2007 01:51 PM

SipBroker doesn't have a problem with bob@biloxi.com formatted URI (you managed to sign up successfully right?)

I managed to get registered, but when I try to create/enter an alias on the web page I get the error:

and I don't think anything gets saved. And yes the alias is a number, my pstn phone number. It seems the web page errors out. Maybe the "member phone must be an integer" True? or is the web page broken, spitting out error warnings? Try it, go ahead, be Bob, you'll see.

I could use e164 and then:
*131-enum-number,
right? as a workaround to:
*011 pstn-number.

emoci 11-14-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxluthor (Post 14099)

I managed to get registered, but when I try to create/enter an alias on the web page I get the error:

and I don't think anything gets saved. And yes the alias is a number, my pstn phone number. It seems the web page errors out. Maybe the "member phone must be an integer" True? or is the web page broken, spitting out error warnings? Try it, go ahead, be Bob, you'll see.

I could use e164 and then:
*131-enum-number,
right? as a workaround to:
*011 pstn-number.

Ok, just for clarification it works fine with an alias from 1 to 9 digits (remember it appends a number in front based on country). However it does give the message you mention with 10 digits and up.

As for eNum, once you have a number registered, you can dial it as *013-Country Code-Number, or directly Country Code-Number (*013 is the default code, so if it doens't see a Sip Code it uses *013 by default)