Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vmwi (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=9)

xisdn 02-27-2006 12:42 PM

Vmwi

Hello,

I have a sipura3k and an acct with voxalot, I like the VoiceMail but i don't get any Voice Mail Waiting Indication (the light on the phone does not turn on when there is a message).
I was wondering if the problem is in my configuration or if you guys don't support VMWI yet.

Thanks,
Ciao

martin 02-27-2006 01:22 PM

Hi,

It is on our todo list. As we provide dynamic VM provisioning we need to customise one piece to implement this.

We will post here once its done.

xisdn 02-27-2006 10:36 PM

Thanks Martin ... having the little light coming back to life would be totally great :) ...

alfredwesterveld 03-05-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Hi,

It is on our todo list. As we provide dynamic VM provisioning we need to customise one piece to implement this.

We will post here once its done.

I was wondering if it is hard to implement this service?

P.S: I think voxalot rocks :)

xisdn 03-16-2006 08:34 AM

Donations???

Hello,

This service would be very important for me, I don't know if you guys accept donations but ...

if I decide to donate would that somehow speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.
Sandro

martin 03-17-2006 04:59 PM

Could you please test this now?

xisdn 03-18-2006 08:19 PM

It WORKS!!!

Thank you very much ... you guys are amazing!!!
Anyway, doing some testings I've found another little bug (I think):

I tried changing my email address but my VoiceMail messages are still going to the email address I have used for registering the first time.

Let me know if you need some testing.

Thanks,
Sandro

ADDED:
after some more extensive testing everything works like a charm for me so the only missing thing is the opportunity to send the calls to voicemail after a certain amount of time that the phone is ringing.
To find a workaround i tried playing a little with the "Cfwd No Ans Dest" on the sipura3k to redirect the calls after 20 seconds, I've tried redirecting the call to myself hoping that in that way it will go to voicemail ... unfortunately no luck. I tried the same links that worked for me on the call forwarding (remember my previous post?) but unfortunately no luck, do you have any suggestions?

Once again thanks ... please let me know if I can help!

Ciao,
Sandro

martin 03-19-2006 10:56 AM

Im glad it worked out for you. Your request is on our todo list. Thanks.

richard 03-23-2006 12:51 AM

Hi Martin

Just wondering if MWI support for eyeBeam is on your list of to-dos ;-)

Richard

alfredwesterveld 03-26-2006 08:59 PM

I can't get the MWI to work. My Message Indication is always on. I would please like to no correct settings for SPA-941.

Many Thanks,
Alfred

blanu 03-27-2006 07:30 AM

MWI works here, although not on a SPA¹:

Code:

Mar 27 09:00:29 fritz voipd[916]: sipparser: 2 extra bytes ignored.
Mar 27 09:00:29 fritz voipd[916]: <<<udp Request: NOTIFY sip:xxxxxx@1.2.3.4
Mar 27 09:00:29 fritz voipd[916]: ua_rcvnotify: application/simple-message-summary
Mar 27 09:00:29 fritz voipd[916]: NOTIFY-Value = 0x0 (nvoice=0, nemail=0) xxxxxx
Mar 27 09:00:29 fritz voipd[916]: >>>udp Status: 200 OK

However, I'm wondering what the »sipparser: 2 extra bytes ignored« is all about...

Cheers,
Blanu.

¹) I'm using a Fritz!Box Fon.

alfredwesterveld 03-31-2006 12:43 AM

Also got mwi working on my SPA-941.

Call Feature Settings:
Message waiting: no
Voice mail server: <your voxalot number>@voxalot.com

http://sv1.letmehost.com/sv1/15/thumbs/spa.PNG

p.s: I just made a donation for www.e164.org, www.sipbroker.com, www.voxalot.com because I think your service rocks :D.

evilbunny 03-31-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredwesterveld
p.s: I just made a donation for www.e164.org, www.sipbroker.com, www.voxalot.com because I think your service rocks :D.

I can't speak for the sipbroker guys, but we (e164.org) really appreciate it :)

martin 03-31-2006 09:01 PM

As do we alfred, thanks very much.

alfredwesterveld 03-31-2006 11:19 PM

No problem Evilbunny, Martin :D.

P.S:
at the sipbroker site it says:
Alfred, Australia - $10

But I am from the Netherlands :P

BJReplay 04-20-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xisdn
It WORKS!!!

Thank you very much ... you guys are amazing!!!
Sandro

@xisdn, can you post your Spa3K settings that got VWMI working?

I've got 123456@voxalot.com in the Voice Mail Server field under Proxy & Registration on Line 1, but the little light isn't lighting up.

I can force it to light up by setting Message Waiting to Yes on the Line 1 Tab Supplementary Service Settings - so I know the SPA can tell my phone to turn on the light, but it doesn't seem to turn on when I have a message waiting (I just get the e-mail).

I must be missing something obvious, but I don't know what.

alfredwesterveld 04-20-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJReplay

I've got 123456@voxalot.com in the Voice Mail Server field under Proxy & Registration on Line 1, but the little light isn't lighting up.

I can force it to light up by setting Message Waiting to Yes on the Line 1 Tab Supplementary Service Settings - so I know the SPA can tell my phone to turn on the light, but it doesn't seem to turn on when I have a message waiting (I just get the e-mail).

You should use <your number>@voxalot.com so if your number is 123456. Then you should use 123456@voxalot.com at the field voice mail server. That at least was my settings before the guys of voxalot.com changed structure of mwi! So maybe when I return to my home in a couple of days it ain't working anymore but it used to work...

martin 04-20-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredwesterveld
But I am from the Netherlands :P

Apologies Alfred, I will get this fixed :)

xisdn 04-21-2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Hi,
I'm actually out of country so I'm not able to test if my settings are still working on the sipura but when I tested it I did not put anything in the voicemail server field, I just activated the VMWI on the line1 tab and the light started coming up with a 20/60 secs delay after a message was left.
The only things I can tell you is that to make some phones work you have to play a little bit with the VMWI ring splash length to make it work.

I will do some more test as soon as I come back (after May 3rd).

alfredwesterveld 04-21-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Apologies Alfred, I will get this fixed :)

No apologies needed Martin :P. It was just something I noticed :P. And you don't have to devote your time fixing it :). Just improve voxalot.com like your are always doing with this precious time :P

BJReplay 04-23-2006 11:41 AM

Well, it's working - more or less.

I put mynumber@voxalot.com in the voice mail server, while fiddling with a bunch of other settings, and after I hit sub all changes, dialled my own number, left myself a voice mail, hung up, and the little envelope appeared.

Woo Hoo.

Dialled 500, deleted the message, and after a short delay, the envelope dissappeared - well at least on some phones.

I have an InterQuartz IDea - and message waiting came up on the display at the same time as the other phones, but is still there - even though it has turned off on other phones and there are no voicemails waiting.

Now this is the wierd thing - I can manually force the message waiting indicator on on all phones by setting Message Waiting to Yes under Supplementary Service Settings on the User 1 tab. I can also set it off by - you guessed it - setting it to No. So that clears the "stuck" indicator on the IDea phone.

However, once a voice mail has been left, the indicator gets stuck on again.

I'm guessing - because the SPA can clearly turn the indicator on and off on both phones - that something in either my settings, or what Voxalot is sending - is causing it to stay stuck on (or more to the point, not clear the indicator when I clear the voice mail messages).

In the hope that someone can spot the problem, here are all my MWI / Voice Mail related settings (at least the ones I can see):

Line 1 Tab
Proxy and Registration Section
Voice Mail Server: mynumber@voxalot.com
Mailbox Subscribe Expires: 2147483647

Supplementary Service Subscription Section
VMWI Serv: Yes
MWI Serv: Yes

User 1 Tab
Supplementary Service Settings Section
Message Waiting: No

I think that Mailbox Subscribe Expires might be the problem? It appears that this is a 3.1.10 setting (I don't recall it in earlier firmwares), and 2^31-1 presumably means (almost) never. The only place I can see this mentioned is in the release notes for the Linksys SPA2100 - release 3.2.5(d). It says:

Added <Mailbox Subscribe Expires> paramter. Default is 0x7fffffff.

When Subscription to message-summary expires, SPA will
re-Subscribe to voicemail server. SPA will also honor the Expires
value returned by server if that value is less than the
configured expires value

This got me thinking that maybe voxalot isn't returning an Expires value in a message - making the SPA think that there is still a voice-mail waiting?

I can set this lower I guess, but I don't want to flood the voxalot server with meaningless voice mail registrations every 20 seconds, say, just to try this out - but I'm happy to if voxalot wants me to test this.

Of course I'd just try my settings with any other provider that offers voice mail with VWMI - but aside from MyTel, I don't think any of the free providers do.

BJReplay 04-24-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

I can set this lower I guess, but I don't want to flood the voxalot server with meaningless voice mail registrations every 20 seconds, say, just to try this out - but I'm happy to if voxalot wants me to test this.

Quoting myself - I dropped this to 60 seconds, and it seems to have done the trick.

By the way, the other parameter that is related to VWMI that I didn't mention yesterday is VMWI Refresh Intvl - which is set to 0 (and apparently the default is 0.5). If I have this set above 0, my Doro DECT phones seem to spend 5 seconds every refresh interval thinking about the VWMI FSK that has presumably been sent down the line, and are never in a position to make or answer a call.