Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Please help to set up freedigits.com to forward incoming calls to Voxalot (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2966)

DTN 04-03-2008 01:44 AM

Please help to set up freedigits.com to forward incoming calls to Voxalot

I'd set up the unlocked SR SPA-2102-R and Voxalot basic account as guided in this forum.
The IPKall.com forwards incoming calls to Voxalot fine, but the freedigits.com can not forward incoming calls to Voxalot. When I dial freedigits number, the phone doesn't ring. After few ring tones, I hear the voice mail greeting.
I'd received the Iowa state number with the area code 319-449-XXXX yesterday.
I set up the service provider in Voxalot as follow:

User name: 319449XXXX
Host: proxy.freedigits.net
Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: No (I can't set this to "yes". Need premium account.)

I set up forwarding in freedigits.com as follow:

phone1: sip:<my Voxalo ID>@us.voxalot.com

Please help!

emoci 04-03-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTN (Post 16075)
I'd set up the unlocked SR SPA-2102-R and Voxalot basic account as guided in this forum.
The IPKall.com forwards incoming calls to Voxalot fine, but the freedigits.com can not forward incoming calls to Voxalot. When I dial freedigits number, the phone doesn't ring. After few ring tones, I hear the voice mail greeting.
I'd received the Iowa state number with the area code 319-449-XXXX yesterday.
I set up the service provider in Voxalot as follow:

User name: 319449XXXX
Host: proxy.freedigits.net
Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: No (I can't set this to "yes". Need premium account.)

I set up forwarding in freedigits.com as follow:

phone1: sip:<my Voxalo ID>@us.voxalot.com

Please help!

Set the forwarding to VoXID@us.voxalot.com (for Phone 1) without 'sip:' in front.... that's been working fine in my case...

DTN 04-03-2008 02:40 PM

Thanks for your suggestion.
I did the change as you'd suggested, but the phone didn't ring. I still hear the voicemail greeting after few ring tones.
I also tried to change the forwarding as follow: *010<my voxid>@sipbroker.com. Still, the phone didn't ring.

DTN

emoci 04-03-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTN (Post 16103)
Thanks for your suggestion.
I did the change as you'd suggested, but the phone didn't ring. I still hear the voicemail greeting after few ring tones.
I also tried to change the forwarding as follow: *010<my voxid>@sipbroker.com. Still, the phone didn't ring.

DTN

Hmmm....,

Anything is possible....when I get back tonight I'll test my FreeDigits account and see if anything has changed...

But just to make sure calls to VoXalot are ringing fine from other destinations right now (eg. a call from IPKall works fine for example, right?)

Will get back to you.....

DTN 04-03-2008 05:38 PM

Thanks, emoci.

The IPKall forwarding to Voxalot is working fine.
I'd sent you a PM.

Grahame 04-03-2008 06:47 PM

Hi DTN,

I have just tested my FreeDigits number to Voxalot and it works fine.

The only differences I can see between your posted set up in your Voxalot account and mine are:

Host: freedigits.net NOT proxy.freedigits.net

I have Premium Voxalot account so FreeDigits is always On Register in my account. I can't really comment on FreeDigits forwarding capabilities, their web site always seems a bit squiffy to me. I'm sure emoci will find a way to check this.

Try the Host change, if all else fails, pay the fee to Voxalot for Premium, it's worth it. :)

Best regards

Grahame

DTN 04-03-2008 11:46 PM

Thanks, Grahame.

Actually, my FreeDigits number is having issue with forwarding to Voxalot.

To emoci,
Thank you for taking your times to solve my issue.

DTN

kurun 04-04-2008 04:19 AM

Try forwarding your Freedigits number in the Dashboard page to xxxxxx@voxalot.com

This should work. If it does not, maybe you should contact FreeDigits support.

I did have a problem with my Freedigits account when I first set it up. Incoming calls did not come through correctly, even when the account was registered on an ATA.

They did fix the problem after several weeks, and they followed up by a phone call at 3:00AM to verify. Hmmm.....

DTN 04-05-2008 08:38 AM

Thanks, kurun.
I will call freedigits.com to solve this.

green 04-05-2008 08:07 PM

I've freedigits number forwarded to voxalot sip uri:
Call Forward to Phone 1: XXXXXX@voxalot.com

My Asterisk server is registered to voxalot with the id (XXXXXX) above.
Calls are going fine.