Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Copying speed dial entries to a second account. (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1359)

ozimarco 04-08-2007 01:39 PM

Copying speed dial entries to a second account.

Hi Martin,

I have about 80 entries in my speed dial book. Now that I have a second Voxalot account which resides on line 2 of my ATA, it would be cool if I could send a copy of my speed dial book to the second account. The alternative is a tedious hour of manually entering everything.

Is there any way of doing this? (I am lazy!)

Thanks

Mark

affinity 04-08-2007 03:05 PM

Well, you could use the same account on both ports maybe. Is that an option for you?

ozimarco 04-08-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 7559)
Well, you could use the same account on both ports maybe. Is that an option for you?

Having separate accounts gives me more options such as configuring them to use different VSPs by default. This gives my wife an alternative should our main VSP go down. I know how to use prefixes to swap VSPs, but she doesn't want to know about all that. The phone either works or it doesn't.

martin 04-09-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozimarco (Post 7557)
Hi Martin,

I have about 80 entries in my speed dial book. Now that I have a second Voxalot account which resides on line 2 of my ATA, it would be cool if I could send a copy of my speed dial book to the second account. The alternative is a tedious hour of manually entering everything.

Is there any way of doing this? (I am lazy!)

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I might be able to perform a one off bulk update. If you PM the accounts to me I will take a look tomorrow.

ozimarco 04-09-2007 12:17 AM

Thanks, Martin, if it is not too much trouble.

Mark

martin 04-10-2007 03:30 AM

Hi Mark,

I was hoping this would just require a quick datbase insert query. Unfortunately it's not quite that simple.

To do what you ask, we would need to right some code and at the moment we don't have the time to do this.

Apologies.

ozimarco 04-10-2007 03:34 AM

No worries, Martin. I'll do it manually. Thanks for trying, anyway. I know you are busy getting the imminent release ready.

Mark

kurun 04-10-2007 04:26 AM

Could you consider an "upload" feature in a future release, that uploads from a standardized format, like a CSV file, for eg.

The CSV file can be generated from a spreadsheet, where the entries can be easily edited, sorted and organized.

Just a thought ..............
Thanks for the great service and support.

martin 04-10-2007 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 7586)
Could you consider an "upload" feature in a future release, that uploads from a standardized format, like a CSV file, for eg.

The CSV file can be generated from a spreadsheet, where the entries can be easily edited, sorted and organized.

Just a thought ..............
Thanks for the great service and support.

We plan to provide an import / export for speed dials and dial plan entries. Like most things it's a question of priorities and capacity.

tomblandford 09-14-2007 03:57 PM

Martin,

Is this feature any nearer to reality? If not I might start the painstaking task of updating my phone number on all my webcallback entries! My hope was that I could export to CSV in Excel, modify and import again.