Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Problem logging into Voxalot from Windows Mobile5 phone (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1871)

serendipitydawg 07-16-2007 10:47 AM

Problem logging into Voxalot from Windows Mobile5 phone

I am busy playing with the new site via my Windows Mobile 5 phone

I used to be able to login during test phase.

Now when I click the login button nothing happens.

I can get as far as Voxalot - Home & no further

Any ideas or suggestions??

martin 07-16-2007 10:49 AM

Try logging in from https://www.voxalot.com/action/login

serendipitydawg 07-16-2007 10:55 AM

Doesn't work, alas

martin 07-16-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10428)
Doesn't work, alas

Strange it is the same SSL certificate used by the old site so im at a loss as to why it does not like it.

If you can post some more details about this client I will consult the team for further ideas.

serendipitydawg 07-16-2007 11:02 AM

Windows Mobile Version 5.1.195 (Build 14955.2.3.0)

Phone is an HTC TyTN

All worked well before

serendipitydawg 07-16-2007 11:51 AM

I can't also access mobile.voxalot.com from my phone

Can't access mobile.voxalot consistently via PC and internet explorer (just testing) It sometimes drops into Google search and then the correct address which when clicked connects successfully.

Signed up this morning to Premium because I am a big fan of web callback. Help!

191727 07-16-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10438)

Can't access mobile.voxalot consistently via PC and internet explorer (just testing) It sometimes drops into Google search and then the correct address which when clicked connects successfully.

i tried this morning to connnect mobile.voxalot.com from my nokia e65 and it worked fine.

martin 07-16-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10438)

mobile.voxalot.com has not changed at all with this upgrade. We will double check things on our side however.

serendipitydawg 07-17-2007 08:27 AM

Hello Martin

Still no progress. My problems are exactly as they were yesterday

martin 07-17-2007 10:21 AM

We tested both www and mobile on an E61 and both work fine.

We don't have access to a HTC TyTN so it makes it difficult to diagnose. As I mentioned before, mobile.voxalot.com has not changed at all with the recent upgrade so we are still trying to work out what could be causing this problem.

IS there any errors logs or further diagnostics you can provide us?

serendipitydawg 07-17-2007 12:11 PM

I will try to diagnose further, to the limits of my abilities.

But I would appreciate feedback to "technical" questions.

As nothing has changed at your end, what could have changed at my end?

I appreciate that I have a "truncated" version of Windows in my phone, so:

"Can loading the beta Windows Mobile fring client somehow have changed Windows (on my phone)?

First technical question, any feedback much appreciated

craig 07-17-2007 09:49 PM

It seems unlikely that Fring would have affected the way your browser works, but then again, I am not a professional Mobile developer.

The good news is that I have managed to reproduce your problem on an older version of Windows Mobile (5.0 OS 5.1.195, Build 14298.2.2.0). It doesn't let me login when I connect to the Voxalot - Home site.

However, the mobile.voxalot.com site definitely still works OK with the same phone.

I will do some more investigation and come back here as soon as I have some meaningful information. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.

--
craig

craig 07-18-2007 12:04 AM

Hmm.... the new look and feel changed the submit buttons (in the HTML) from type INPUT to BUTTON, which as it turns out isn't supported by Windows Mobile 5.0 - terrific! :-(

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb545543.aspx for more details.

Anyway, let me have a look and see how we can work around this for our Windows Mobile 5.0 users.

In the meantime, please let me know how mobile.voxalot.com goes for you. It should still work just fine.

--
craig

serendipitydawg 07-18-2007 09:11 AM

Thankyou Craig for the positive news.

Hope you find a "workaround" soon.

Untl then I will feel a sense of loss; such as the loss of an old friend.

God speed your coding finger(s):-)

serendipitydawg 07-19-2007 09:27 PM

Stiil no joy

serendipitydawg 07-23-2007 08:38 PM

Hello Craig.

I have had no further success with mobile.voxalot.com

Any news?

craig 07-23-2007 11:10 PM

When you say you have had no success with mobile.voxalot.com, what problems are you seeing? It works just fine on my phone - although that probably doesn't make you feel any better :-)

For us to fix Voxalot - Home to work with Windows Mobile 5 is going to require a little work. Making a change to buttons across the whole application is going to require a major retest cycle across all browsers and operating systems, so in the meantime, I am keen to make sure that you can at least still use mobile.voxalot.com.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

--
craig

serendipitydawg 07-25-2007 10:06 AM

My attempts at usng mobile.voxalot.com have been via twoother mobile phones I have that can access the Internet. Neither has Windows Mobile.

Both will connect to other web sites ( eg Google & bbc.co.uk) but not mobile.voxalot.com

Out of curiosity, on my PC via Internet Explorer I attempted to access mobile.voxalot.com and got a http 404 error.

At which point I gave up. Any clues

hust 07-28-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10847)
My attempts at usng mobile.voxalot.com have been via twoother mobile phones I have that can access the Internet. Neither has Windows Mobile.

Both will connect to other web sites ( eg Google & bbc.co.uk) but not mobile.voxalot.com

Maybe,you should change two other mobile phones Browser mainpage to "http://mobile.voxalot.com".
Just now, i used my LG WAP mobile phone(not Windows Mobile) access "mobile.voxalot.com",all WAP callback are OK. my LG mobile browser version is Openwave 6.2.3.2 .

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10847)
Out of curiosity, on my PC via Internet Explorer I attempted to access mobile.voxalot.com and got a http 404 error.

I use PC(win xp) and IE to access mobile.voxalot.com and make web(or name wap) callback. No problem.

hust 07-28-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 10791)
When you say you have had no success with mobile.voxalot.com, what problems are you seeing? It works just fine on my phone - although that probably doesn't make you feel any better :-)

For us to fix Voxalot - Home to work with Windows Mobile 5 is going to require a little work. Making a change to buttons across the whole application is going to require a major retest cycle across all browsers and operating systems, so in the meantime, I am keen to make sure that you can at least still use mobile.voxalot.com.

--
craig

I tested logging into Voxalot from Windows Mobile 2003 ten minutes ago.

My PDA phone OS version: MS Pocket PC 4.20.0(Build 14053) --belong to WM2003.

1. access "http://www.voxalot.com" ,After input Member ID ,Password ,i clicked "login" button. No any response.

2. access "http://mobile.voxalot.com". All are OK.

Pls pay attention to Windows Mobile 2003.:)

serendipitydawg 08-02-2007 08:31 AM

Qualified good news!

I have succeeded in gaining access to mobile.voxalot.com from my Windows Mobile 5 phone, but only by means of a workaround

Internet Explorer on my HTC TyTN, comes with a pre-configured link to mobile.htc.com. If I select this I am taken to a screen of mobile friendly web sites. Including an option "web search" which in turn leads to a Google search window.

If I enter mobile.voxalot.com and tap "search" a link appears to mobile.voxalot.com ( at Number 1 you'll be relieved to hear!)

If I tap this I am able to login and use web callback.

Craig, does this give any clues.

I am counting the days until full access to voxalot.com fron Windows Mobile 5!!

craig 08-02-2007 11:40 AM

Thanks for the details. A poster in another thread happened to mention that they were also getting 404's, and I was able to track down what caused that problem (which was the same problem that you are having with mobile.voxalot.com).

With a bit more testing to go, this fix should be deployed to production in the next day or so. This should, at least, get mobile.voxalot.com working for you (and others).

We are still working on getting Voxalot - Home working properly for Windows Mobile 5 users. I will be sure to report back here as soon as we make any decent progress.

Thanks again for your patience.

--
craig

hust 08-02-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 11191)

We are still working on getting Voxalot - Home working properly for Windows Mobile 5 users. I will be sure to report back here as soon as we make any decent progress.

Thanks again for your patience.

--
craig

Hi,craig
Have you considered to support Windows Mobile 2003?
Thanks.

craig 08-02-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hust (Post 11196)
Have you considered to support Windows Mobile 2003?

I can't be sure (because I don't have a Mobile 2003 device) but the changes that we make to support Windows Mobile 5 *should* also work with Mobile 2003.

--
craig

serendipitydawg 08-03-2007 09:11 AM

Further qualified success to report!

I have successfully connected to mobile. voxalot.com with both of my other Internet-enabled phones; and initiated a web callback.

Phones are a Sony Ericsson K750i (vintage 2005), and a BenQSiemens E71 (vintage 2007). Both are Java enabled, and neither has Symbian or Windows Mobile.

Yet again the "Google workaround" proved successful. All I had to do was search Google and bookmark mobile.voxalot.com.

I have switched both phones off and on, and have been able to retrace my steps, so to speak

serendipitydawg 08-19-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 11186)
I am counting the days until full access to voxalot.com fron Windows Mobile 5!!

Seventeen days so far! Any news please Craig?

craig 08-20-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 11845)
Any news please Craig?

Ahh, my apologies... I never got back to you regarding my progress. As you may already have noticed, mobile.voxalot.com should be back to working without having to do any weird workarounds. Please let me know if you have any problems with accessing the site through mobile.voxalot.com

Regarding the fix for the Windows Mobile deficiencies... this is definitely something that we want to fix, but we have to balance making those changes against doing a full re-test for all browsers across all platforms.

When we moved to the site's new look and feel, we consciously chose a standards-based approach towards the user controls, and to support the older Windows Mobile devices will mean we have to regress those controls (and the look and feel that we spent the last few months creating). We are trying to devise a way that we can render a different control for mobile devices without a) having to rewrite the whole site, b) having to retest the whole site, and c) taking 6 months to do it.

I have a few ideas, but most of them involves doing global changes across all pages - which is a high-risk approach to handling this problem. I understand this is frustrating for you (it is for me also), but I appreciate your patience and support while we try to find the best solution.

--
Craig

serendipitydawg 08-29-2007 10:03 PM

Another ten days or so have passed, and in the words of the song *You don't know what you have 'til it's gone..".

The longer I am parted from web access to voxalot.com via Windows Mobile 5 ( I even used to post on the forum), the longer I am forced to ponder the irony of; it was free, it worked and I liked it so much i bought it then it stopped working!

Any news please Craig?

serendipitydawg 09-25-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 12207)
Another ten days or so have passed, and in the words of the song *You don't know what you have 'til it's gone..".

The longer I am parted from web access to voxalot.com via Windows Mobile 5 ( I even used to post on the forum), the longer I am forced to ponder the irony of; it was free, it worked and I liked it so much i bought it then it stopped working!

Any news please Craig?

Another month, nearly, has passed. Any news, Craig?

craig 09-25-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 12907)
Another month, nearly, has passed. Any news, Craig?

I understand, and sympathise with, your frustration, however counting down the number of days since you last posted doesn't change any of the points I mentioned in http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11862

We spent the last few months moving the site to a new standards-based Look and Feel and the problem is that, despite claiming support for something as simple as HTML 4, Windows Mobile 5 doesn't properly support the BUTTON tag. Apparently this has been fixed in Windows Mobile 6, but that probably doesn't help you.

As I said previously, changing away from using the BUTTON tag is going to affect all users on all browsers on all platforms. If I could have made a simple change to fix this problem, I would have done so long ago. The change that needs to be made to get the site to work properly on Windows Mobile 5 is non-trivial and will require re-testing on all browsers across all platforms.

I appreciate your point that it used to work, that you paid for premium membership, and now the new site doesn't work. If this is something that you feel particularly aggrieved about, please contact me offline and I can arrange a refund of your premium membership.

Craig

serendipitydawg 10-21-2007 02:18 PM

This issue is effectively resolved by the recent enhancements to Mobile Web Call back (as implemented on 16th October)

They give me back approximately 85% of the functionality I used to have.

And I have discovered a workaround that enables me to login into voxalot.com directly in order to amend such things as providers, call re-directs on the move. It was simple. INSTALL A DIFFERENT BROWSER ON MY PHONE. Simply by downloading and using Opera Mini!

As the bard once said... "Alls well that ends well"