Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pennytel, Buzz problem (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=262)

Nathanc 06-24-2006 01:47 AM

Pennytel, Buzz problem

Hi all,

I have a problem with pennytel, and I assume, but could you confirm, that its _only_ me?

Firstly, I have not had this problem before and I have not changed any settings.

The other thing is that if I register directly with pennytel (ie. no voxalot), I have a PAP2, then calls are fine.

However, when I dial through voxalot, my end is silent and the receiving end hears a loud buzz. I have tried changing codecs, but all behave the same. I have also tried in the registered state and not registered state, both behave the same also.

If it is a problem on my end, I'm not sure what to try next. I can make calls through other providers without any problem, I've been using sipme at the moment. Do you have any suggestions?

Its frustrating, because I can make calls when not using voxalot, so it doesn't seem my end is the problem, but I get the feeling I'm the only one with this problem .. :(

Cheers,
Nathan.

* I am register to the voxalot .au server

martin 06-24-2006 02:06 AM

Hi Nathan,

Can you try something.

1. Keep the preferred server as-is within VoXaLot
2. Change ATA to point to voxalot.com
3. Re-test and report back

Thanks

Nathanc 06-24-2006 02:06 AM

Another interesting thing I just noticed ... not sure if it is related (probably not).

If I dial directly to the FWD echo test throught voxalot -- the test is cut off just before the voice telling you that you are about to start the echo test finishes.

HOWever, if I make the same call through voxalot-sipme (ie. voxalot sends to sipme sends to FWD) I get no such problem.

Hmm, seems strange, I'm slowly running out of things to try...

Nathan.

martin 06-24-2006 02:09 AM

What are your VoXaLot Codecs (on the web-page) for the FWD trunk?

FWD only accept g711 (in VoXaLot speak ulaw or alaw).

Nathanc 06-24-2006 02:10 AM

Hi Martin,

Thank you!

Your suggestion worked -- no more buzz!!!

Preferred server is .au, but the PAP2 points to .com.

Cheers,
Nathan.

** should I leave the settings like this?

Nathanc 06-24-2006 02:15 AM

Hi again,

Sorry, I think I confused you with directly to FWD, I mean through voxalot-sipbroker (*393613).

I sill seem to be getting this problem, but the pennytel one is fixed -- thank you again.

Cheers,
Nathan.

martin 06-24-2006 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathanc
Hi again,

Sorry, I think I confused you with directly to FWD, I mean through voxalot-sipbroker (*393613).

I sill seem to be getting this problem, but the pennytel one is fixed -- thank you again.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Ok try the ATA again back with voxalot.com.au

As for FWD I am curious what NAT settings (if any) you have? Maybe you can PM or email me some screen dumps?

BBD 06-24-2006 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathanc
when I dial through voxalot, my end is silent and the receiving end hears a loud buzz.

* I am register to the voxalot .au server

I too am using the .au server and am having the same issue. should i change it to the .com server? or has the issue been resolved?

martin 06-24-2006 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBD
I too am using the .au server and am having the same issue. should i change it to the .com server? or has the issue been resolved?

Hi,

Nothing has changed on the .au server in many weeks. For our own sanity checks, I just re-started the relevant .au processes.

There should be no need to use .com as the code base is identical.

Please report back.

BTW - Is it just PenyyTel that is causing you grief?

Nathanc 06-24-2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Hi,
Please report back.

BTW - Is it just PenyyTel that is causing you grief?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help. I still get the same problem when I change back to registering with '.au' (ie. silent on my end, buzz on receiving end).

When I changed back again to '.com' it worked again.

It seems to be _only_ pennytel, because I had been making calls via sipme when registered to '.au' with no problems.

Let me know if there are anyother tests I can run on my end.

Cheers,
Nathan.