Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Add timing rules to dialplans? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2982)

ptruman 04-09-2008 10:18 AM

Add timing rules to dialplans?

Hi

Is there any possibility we can have time rules & pauses added to dialplans?
(as per the call connection options?)

I'd really like to try something like this :

a) My VSP provides free national landline calls after 6pm
b) There are UK POTS providers who provide free national calls 24x7 however you must dial an access number first - but they charge a 3p connection fee
c) The access number for (b) is a freephone number

I'd therefore like to set a dialplan that if a an outgoing call to a national landline is made between Mon-Fri 08:00 to 18:00, then it routes via my VSP as normal, but prefixes the access number, a pause, and then the number I want to call (as dialled by my ATA) - so it then makes the call for as little charge as possible?

chatalot 04-10-2008 08:26 PM

Can I ask what service is offering 3p per call using a freephone number?

barristernet 04-10-2008 09:54 PM

Can I also ask, in addition to which provider is providing the 3p connection charge, which vsp provides free calls after 6pm? But its a great idea if possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptruman (Post 16178)
Hi

Is there any possibility we can have time rules & pauses added to dialplans?
(as per the call connection options?)

I'd really like to try something like this :

a) My VSP provides free national landline calls after 6pm
b) There are UK POTS providers who provide free national calls 24x7 however you must dial an access number first - but they charge a 3p connection fee
c) The access number for (b) is a freephone number

I'd therefore like to set a dialplan that if a an outgoing call to a national landline is made between Mon-Fri 08:00 to 18:00, then it routes via my VSP as normal, but prefixes the access number, a pause, and then the number I want to call (as dialled by my ATA) - so it then makes the call for as little charge as possible?

ptruman 04-11-2008 07:44 PM

voip.co.uk provide free landline calls after 6pm, but you'll have to work hard to get them sign you up unless you're a business - they are not taking new residential subscriptions (or weren't last time I looked!)

and 1899.com from a BT line = free landline calls and cheap connections - but you need to ring it and then dial the onward number, so can't directly bridge over VoIP (unless you can get something to play DTMF once you connect!)

chatalot 04-19-2008 12:57 PM

1899 is 5p for uk calls 4p for others, per call. You can only access this from a bt line. If you use another provider then it is a free phone or geographic access number and then 1p a minute for the UK.