Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voxalot Problem - No Outgoing, No registration on Provider (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=494)

amatory 09-27-2006 02:38 AM

Voxalot Problem - No Outgoing, No registration on Provider

Martin,

My id is: 774987

Suddenly my Provider on Voxalot seems to have stopped working. I am unable to make any outgoing calls. The Provider also doesnt register.

When I put the same settings in Eyebeam, I am successfully able to register and make calls, but for some reason Voxalot is not able to register/make outgoing calls with the same settings.

Would you be able to provide me with debug logs for my registration/outgoing calls ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Amatory

amatory 09-27-2006 04:40 AM

DNS Lookup for Dynamic Host is failing

Ok I found out that if I put the physical IP of the provider then the call goes through. However, if I put in a dynamic dns hostname, the call fails. It seems the server is not able to resolve the hostname or there is some other error (incorrect record, unexpired TTL etc)

Martin - I will really appreciate if you could provide some insight on this.

Regards,
Amatory

cyberbird 09-29-2006 09:03 PM

My id: 425145
Hi, I added two providers, freeworld dialup and another. Even after 5 hours i do not see the status change. Still says "Not Registered". I tried calling my sip broker number (*011-133206), but the call is not geting forward to the uri i added in call forward section. I am getting an busy tone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ron 09-29-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbird (Post 3119)
My id: 425145
Hi, I added two providers, freeworld dialup and another. Even after 5 hours i do not see the status change. Still says "Not Registered". I tried calling my sip broker number (*011-133206), but the call is not geting forward to the uri i added in call forward section. I am getting an busy tone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

At the moment, provider registration changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect. In the near future, it should only take 5 minutes.

Ron

amatory 09-30-2006 12:51 AM

Ron - Is there a difference in using an IP for provider registration vs using a dns name ?

I am able to register and make outgoing calls using an IP, but not using the dns name. I have checked that the dns entry is pointing to the right IP and my eyebeam successfully connects using the dns name.

any thoughts ?
My id is: 774987

ctylor 09-30-2006 04:30 AM

I know there is the matter of the DNS SRV records vs. DNS A records you should look into. I heard one solution to your problem would be to register a SIP Broker account and create an alias in SIP Broker to point to your Dynamic DNS, which apparently cures the problem.

Ron 09-30-2006 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amatory (Post 3121)
Ron - Is there a difference in using an IP for provider registration vs using a dns name ?

I am able to register and make outgoing calls using an IP, but not using the dns name. I have checked that the dns entry is pointing to the right IP and my eyebeam successfully connects using the dns name.

There shouldn't be any difference using a host name or the IP address associated with it. If an IP address works but its host name doesn't, it would appear there is a problem with the DNS server the lookup is being done through. You might give Martin the host name and IP that should be assoicated with it and have him verify that the DNS server VoXaLot uses is returning the correct information.

Ron

cyberbird 09-30-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 3120)
At the moment, provider registration changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect. In the near future, it should only take 5 minutes.

Ron

I wonder why it takes that long,it should be a simple registeration process, would you please like to give some more info?

Thanks

Ron 09-30-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbird (Post 3126)
I wonder why it takes that long,it should be a simple registeration process, would you please like to give some more info?

A new server should be operational shortly that will allow registration changes to take effect within 5 minutes.

Ron

cyberbird 10-02-2006 04:24 PM

Thanks for reply Ron,

Could you please let us know once that server is operational?