Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Busy signal (403) when Advanced mode "From user" is specified (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1751)

wildvoip 06-26-2007 06:37 PM

Busy signal (403) when Advanced mode "From user" is specified

In the Advanced mode "From user" of the provider settings I have the US number 001 + Area Code + Number. This was working fine and passing the number along for several providers until Sunday after which it has been giving a busy tone and 403 code. Providers work without the "From user". Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Rick 07-19-2007 06:18 PM

Cannot call either when "From User"filled in differently

Hi,

I encountered the same problem at the same day.
Did sent an email to voxalot, if something broke down, because I could not call anymore via voxalot. Directly to my SIP Broker it is still possible, with "Display Name" I have setup with my provider. I did not realize this was because the "FROM USER" was filled differently in voxalot.

With me it also worked like that, till that day. Now it is not possible anymore to provide the "Display Name" to the one who I am calling.

I switched back to use the same for Username and From User, and now I can call again via Voxalot. But of course with the effect the other side cannot see my number.

Would be glad voxalot does fix this.

Rick.

martin 07-19-2007 10:13 PM

I'm curious to know if you are both using the same provider?

The reason i'm asking is because nothing in Voxalot changed around the time of Sunday 24th June.

Rick 07-22-2007 03:46 PM

I am using voipbuster.

When I directly use voipbuster with the "Display Name" set, the the one who I am calling, can see my phone number.

Note that I filled in for "From User":
0031 and then followed with my number (excluding the leading 0).
I checked with the mail I did send to voxalot, and in my case it stopped working on Sunday 30 June, around 16.00

Is Voxalot adding/stripping something since that day?
Or has something changed between Voxalot to voipbuster?

Rick.

Rick 08-06-2007 05:25 PM

I checked this weekend and it is working again.
When I set in "From User" the number I have registered at voipbuster, I can call again with voxalot in-between and the receiver of the call can see my number again.

So something between Voxalot and Voipbuster must have been fixed, because I did not change anything else.

Rick.

martin 08-06-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 11396)
So something between Voxalot and Voipbuster must have been fixed, because I did not change anything else.

Rick.

We are not in the business of making unannounced changes to our telephoney engine so i'm guessing Voipbuster may have "fixed" something.

Thanks for the update.