Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Need person calling in to hear engaged signal when i'm on the phone (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2977)

Murphanth 04-08-2008 07:25 AM

Need person calling in to hear engaged signal when i'm on the phone

Hi,

When i make an outgoing VOIP call and someone calls my voip number while i am on the phone they hear the phone ring and then it goes through to voicemail.

1. Am i able to set it up so that they get an engaged signal if i am already on the phone?
2. Can i redirect calls directly to voicemail when i am on the phone?

I have a Netgear DB834GV modem/voice box.

Thanks

emoci 04-08-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphanth (Post 16163)
Hi,

When i make an outgoing VOIP call and someone calls my voip number while i am on the phone they hear the phone ring and then it goes through to voicemail.

1. Am i able to set it up so that they get an engaged signal if i am already on the phone?
2. Can i redirect calls directly to voicemail when i am on the phone?

I have a Netgear DB834GV modem/voice box.

Thanks

The only reason someone would hear ringing when you are on the phone is:

1. You've got Call Waiting activated in your ATA
2. You have more than one ATA/SoftPhone registered with VoXalot

If I have none of those two activated, from my expericne VM picks up right away when on the phone.....

Murphanth 04-09-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 16169)
The only reason someone would hear ringing when you are on the phone is:

1. You've got Call Waiting activated in your ATA
2. You have more than one ATA/SoftPhone registered with VoXalot

If I have none of those two activated, from my expericne VM picks up right away when on the phone.....

Hi Emoci
1 -There doesnt seem to be the option to disable Call Waiting in my ATA.
2- The guy from engin set up a soft phone on my computer when he was trying to sort out some earlier problems. I can see where it is registered when i log in to voxalot though. How do i remove this?

Sorry - i am really new to all this and dont know much about computers...

Murphanth 04-09-2008 12:58 AM

ok, i have turned the soft phone off and disabled call waiting with Engin. Now when someone rings while i am on the phone it goes through to voicemail. How can i get it to have an engaged signal instead?

A couple of other questions:
1. I thought by going through voxalot that all the Engin features would be disabled, but they still seem to work, such as call waiting etc.
2. What does SIP Outbound Proxy mean? Should this have the same address as the SIP Proxy above it? The SIP proxy has au.voxalot.com and the Outbound Proxy Address has us.voxalot.com.

Thanks

emoci 04-09-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphanth (Post 16172)
ok, i have turned the soft phone off and disabled call waiting with Engin. Now when someone rings while i am on the phone it goes through to voicemail. How can i get it to have an engaged signal instead?

A couple of other questions:
1. I thought by going through voxalot that all the Engin features would be disabled, but they still seem to work, such as call waiting etc.
2. What does SIP Outbound Proxy mean? Should this have the same address as the SIP Proxy above it? The SIP proxy has au.voxalot.com and the Outbound Proxy Address has us.voxalot.com.

Thanks

VoXalot supports most of the features provided by the VSP, from personal experience that includes Call Waiting, CID, CID with Call Waiting.....

VoXalot does not require you to use an Outbound Proxy Address, but if things are working ok, and you did not set up the ATA yourself it doesn't hurn if you have it on....It is a good idea to have them both be the same, whether you use us or au depends on where you are and what the cluster in your VoXalot member page is......but if they are different it's not the end of the world as long as it is working:)

Now, the reason people go to VoiceMail when you are busy is because VM is active (has been set to yes)....do you not want VoiceMail active, but turning it off would mean it would not come up even if in cases where your phone rings but you are not there to answer....