Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Site Information and Administration (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *500 not working (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3500)

fpa2405 10-30-2008 02:21 PM

*500 not working

Could you please help me,

My account seems to be correctly configured, my voice mail activated.
When someone lives a message, I get an e-mail a few minutes later with the message attached.
My only problem is that *500 is not working from my home.
When I'm using a regular phone, I can access my voice mail By dailing *010500, but from my VOIP home phone it is not working at all.
I have configured a dial plan for *500 sending to voxalot.....

any suggestion welcome.

Thanks

boatman 10-30-2008 09:22 PM

Does *600 work from your VoIP home phone? The problem could be with the dial plan. Please post the dial plan from your VoIP home phone.

kurun 10-31-2008 01:26 PM

Try 500 and 600 for Voice Mail and Echo test respectively from your Voxalot account.

They should also work.

Check if your ATA or VoIP phone has some native codes (*xx) which may be intercepting the *50/*60 characters and not passing them to Voxalot.

This is a common problem with some devices, but the feature can be shut off in your ATA settings, or you can use the alternate string above.

You can bypass this problem (*xx not being passed through) in the Voxalot dial plan by picking a string that will get passed to Voxalot and replacing it there. This can create a messy dial plan, and you have to be careful to make sure the dial plan does not manipulate actual numbers that you need to reach.

Regards

Stoker 12-06-2008 05:05 PM

I too am having trouble with *500 and *600. When I dial either *500 or *600, the softphone indicates connection, but I get no audio.

I've been using Voxalot for 2+ years, but noticed that my voicemail stopped working reliably about a month ago. I'm using X-Lite with the Basic (free) Voxalot service. My dialplan is the X-Lite default:

#1\a\a.T;match=1;prestrip=2;

I can perform echo tests on other services (e.g. 1-747-474-3246@sipphone.com) successfully.

Any ideas?

Stoker 12-20-2008 06:22 PM

I'm still hoping for an answer....

boatman 12-20-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoker (Post 20481)
I'm still hoping for an answer....

I don't know what the problem is and I'm not really familiar with X-Lite. Are you using Voxalot on the standard SIP port (5060)? This seems like a problem I have seen in Linksys ATAs; when using one of Voxalot's alternate SIP ports it's important to use "Outbound Proxy:", otherwise audio doesn't work for 500 and 600.

Maybe you should post your X-Lite's settings, someone may be able to double check them for you. You also might want to describe your LAN, router and NAT situation regarding the computer you are using for X-Lite.

Stoker 12-21-2008 05:26 AM

Thanks for triggering the ole brain cells boatman! :D

The solution is to add the port number to the proxy address. So in the instructions for Configuring your X-Lite Softphone to Use Voxalot, Step 4 should say:
  • Address: us.voxalot.com:5060

This fixes X-Lite to be able to call voicemail and echo test (*500 & *600.)

- Stoker :cool:

boatman 12-21-2008 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoker
Thanks for replying boatman. Your questions triggered a solution!

It turns out that the recommended X-Lite setup settings, as posted on on the Voxalot FAQ's (HERE), need to be modified to include the port number.

In Step 4, it should say:
* Domain: voxalot.com:5060
* Address: us.voxalot.com:5060

Note the addition of ":5060" on both lines. This fixes the problem. :cool:

I wonder if there's a way to get that FAQ page updated?

It's a wiki, so anyone can register and make changes.

boatman 12-21-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoker (Post 20499)
This fixes X-Lite to be able to call voicemail and echo test (*500 & *600.)
- Stoker :cool:

That's great! Other X-Lite users will be grateful for your discovery. :cool:

By the way, I got 3 or 4 messages on this thread from you. It looks like you were trying to post something. Apparently some kind of anti-spam bot erased your messages by mistake, or did you erase them yourself?

Stoker 12-21-2008 05:56 AM

I've edited the FAQ to include port 5060 in the proxy address. Thanks again boatman!