Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VoxPremium goes live 16th July, 2007 (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1862)

dc2007 07-16-2007 03:24 AM

VoxPremium goes live

hey...saw the site..congrats for the new vox !!!!!!!!

hust 07-16-2007 05:12 AM

Congratulate Voxalot!!!

Tony 07-16-2007 05:31 AM

VoxPremium goes live 16th July, 2007

See Announcement here:

http://forum.voxalot.com/site-inform...html#post10389

The Voxalot Team

richard99 07-16-2007 05:40 AM

Good work, congratulation. In the setup did not see for bypassing the proxy or any other enhancement except the major web change.

Tony 07-16-2007 05:41 AM

Congrats to our first paying customer

Hallycat - whirlpool enthusiast goes down in Voxalot history as the first subscriber to VoxPremium.

Thanks Hally for your support. The Voxalot team appreciates it very much.

Tony.

martin 07-16-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard99 (Post 10391)
Good work, congratulation. In the setup did not see for bypassing the proxy or any other enhancement except the major web change.

Hi Richard,

Look on the "Provider Details" page for the new "Optimize Audio Path" option and read the tips there.

richard99 07-16-2007 06:11 AM

Thanks. It is there. If charge with credit card, will it be renewed automatically every year? Which many user do not like, in view of possible upgrade or down grade the the subscription. Other, credit card information stays in the server or removed, whences transaction over and successfully completed.

martin 07-16-2007 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard99 (Post 10395)
Thanks. It is there. If charge with credit card, will it be renewed automatically every year? Which many user do not like, in view of possible upgrade or down grade the the subscription. Other, credit card information stays in the server or removed, whences transaction over and successfully completed.

Nothing will be auto charged. Notification emails will be sent prior to subscription expiration.

dc2007 07-16-2007 08:09 AM

setting this to yes will bypass voxalot? or the other way around?
presently, i set Symmetric NAT Handling in Member Details to No to bypass vox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 10393)
Hi Richard,

Look on the "Provider Details" page for the new "Optimize Audio Path" option and read the tips there.

martin 07-16-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc2007 (Post 10407)
setting this to yes will bypass voxalot? or the other way around?
presently, i set Symmetric NAT Handling in Member Details to No to bypass vox.

Best way to performance tune your audio using the new system is to:

1. Set "Symmetric NAT Handling" in Member Details to No
2. Dial *600 and confirm 2 way audio
3. Change the "Optimize Audio Path" on the Provider Details to Yes
4. Change the Codecs for that provider to match your ATA / Device
5. Make a call using that provider and verify 2 way audio.
6. Repeat step 3 for each of your providers.

serendipitydawg 07-16-2007 08:16 AM

Hello!

I have just signed up for VoxPremium.

Where's Web Callback moved to?

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find it

martin 07-16-2007 08:19 AM

Big green button is up the top of every page when you login ;)

191727 07-16-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 10409)
Hello!

I have just signed up for VoxPremium.

Where's Web Callback moved to?

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find it

thanks for the new look and upgrade. i also did find the webcallback button first. it was moved up but i was looking for it beside other services.

affinity 07-16-2007 11:57 AM

Me too.... perhaps it can be put in both places.

martin 07-16-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 10440)
Me too.... perhaps it can be put in both places.

Request noted. Thanks.

vikasintl 07-16-2007 03:16 PM

what will be an exact change?

currently am using voxalot SIP URI in my x-lite phone so from 30th july I won't be able to use it for free?

emoci 07-16-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikasintl (Post 10448)
currently am using voxalot SIP URI in my x-lite phone so from 30th july I won't be able to use it for free?

If you are just using it to receive, make calls from/to VoXalot, there will be no change.

If the associated VoXalot account has/needs a provider with SIP registration(receiving inbound calls), and/or call forwarding, then you'll need to upgrade.

So it boils down to what are you using VoXalot for?

emoci 07-16-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 10408)
Best way to performance tune your audio using the new system is to:

1. Set "Symmetric NAT Handling" in Member Details to No
2. Dial *600 and confirm 2 way audio
3. Change the "Optimize Audio Path" on the Provider Details to Yes
4. Change the Codecs for that provider to match your ATA / Device
5. Make a call using that provider and verify 2 way audio.
6. Repeat step 3 for each of your providers.

Better add this to FAQ, cause you know it's gonna be asked many times:D

On that note, congrats to VoXalot, the new website looks great....
Now you'll free up sometime to work on those feature requests:) :
-Callthrough
-Call Forwarding based on both CID, and the Provider the call came through
-Maybe Specified Number Callback/or better yet ANI CallBack

BTW, I read something about VoxRoam, but I can't figure out/find the original post on what it does, really curious....?

vikasintl 07-16-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 10449)
If you are just using it to receive, make calls from/to VoXalot, there will be no change.

If the associated VoXalot account has/needs a provider with SIP registration(receiving inbound calls), and/or call forwarding, then you'll need to upgrade.

So it boils down to what are you using VoXalot for?

I only use voxalot to receive calls from DID number provided by talkdigits.com and have put my voxalot sip URI in my account page with them
so it should be more clear to you..so please tell me if I need to upgrade ?

emoci 07-16-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikasintl (Post 10452)
I only use voxalot to receive calls from DID number provided by talkdigits.com and have put my voxalot sip URI in my account page with them
so it should be more clear to you..so please tell me if I need to upgrade ?

I use the same thing (FreeDigits rather than TalkDigits, but they are all one and the same).

No you do not need to upgrade....

vikasintl 07-16-2007 04:17 PM

Thanks but if I upgrade what will be main advantage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 10454)
I use the same thing (FreeDigits rather than TalkDigits, but they are all one and the same).

No you do not need to upgrade....

you said I can receive the calls same way I did..but if I upgrade will I be able to make call through voxalot?
I am not sure how..because I use x-lite software ..not any device ?
Just for your knowledge ipkall.com also give free DID number which also works but not as good as talkdigits or free digits ..oh btw can you give me proxy server address for freedigits is it proxy.freedigits.net?

emoci 07-16-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikasintl (Post 10456)
you said I can receive the calls same way I did..but if I upgrade will I be able to make call through voxalot?
I am not sure how..because I use x-lite software ..not any device ?
Just for your knowledge ipkall.com also give free DID number which also works but not as good as talkdigits or free digits ..oh btw can you give me proxy server address for freedigits is it proxy.freedigits.net?

You can receive calls as long as the provider does not need to be registered inside VoXalot...

You can make calls at any time either Via VoXalot (or provider in VoXalot set active to yes and Register to No)

In your situation, both are free, no changes.

---------------
Go to either SipNumber.com, or FreeDigits.com and use the same login details as for talkdigits and you'll be able to login.

I have been using this:
Domain/Realm: sipnumber.net
SIP Proxy: proxy.sipnumber.net
Out Bound Proxy: outbound.sipnumber.net

proxy.freedigits.net, freedigits.net also seem to work.

Remember FreeDigits/TalkDigits/SipNumber/ClickDigits/CallDigits/OfficeDigits are all one and the same...Oddly enough though new accounts on SipNumber activate, but don't work, TalkDigits seems to be the only one handing out new working acocunts (Anyways, this isn't of much relevance, and they all give numbers in the same area code anyways)

vikasintl 07-16-2007 04:33 PM

how can I make free calls??

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 10458)
You can receive calls as long as the provider does not need to be registered inside VoXalot...

You can make calls at any time either Via VoXalot (or provider in VoXalot set active to yes and Register to No)

In your situation, both are free, no changes.

---------------
Go to either SipNumber.com, or FreeDigits.com and use the same login details as for talkdigits and you'll be able to login.

I have been using this:
Domain/Realm: sipnumber.net
SIP Proxy: proxy.sipnumber.net
Out Bound Proxy: outbound.sipnumber.net

proxy.freedigits.net, freedigits.net also seem to work.

Remember FreeDigits/TalkDigits/SipNumber/ClickDigits/CallDigits/OfficeDigits are all one and the same...Oddly enough though new accounts on SipNumber activate, but don't work, TalkDigits seems to be the only one handing out new working acocunts (Anyways, this isn't of much relevance, and they all give numbers in the same area code anyways)

I understand I can receive calls without upgrade but can I make free calls to mobile or landline numbers in usa?
I dont understand how?can you please explain?
where are u located? in which country?

Tony 07-16-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikasintl (Post 10460)
I understand I can receive calls without upgrade but can I make free calls to mobile or landline numbers in usa?
I dont understand how?can you please explain?
where are u located? in which country?

No you cannot make free calls to mobiles or land line numbers in USA, for this you will need to sign up with a Voice Service Provider. To find the best one check out Voxalot's Global Provider Index. Here you will find Voice Service listed by Country and rated by Voxalot Community members on Call Quality, Features, Value and Support. It is an excellent source if you are looking for a good VSP any where in the world.

Tony.

kurun 07-17-2007 12:02 AM

Web page diffrences browsing with IE or Firefox

When I am logged into my account, and on the Dial Plan page using Firefox, the last 2 columns of the middle section (Active, Edit/Delete/Comment Icons) are displayed positioned outside the rectangular border of the middle section.

The items overlapping the text in the RHS column are not editable.
I believe it's OK in IE.

I would appreciate if this was corrected to work with Firefox, as I generally do not use IE.

Thanks

martin 07-17-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 10492)
When I am logged into my account, and on the Dial Plan page using Firefox, the last 2 columns of the middle section (Active, Edit/Delete/Comment Icons) are displayed positioned outside the rectangular border of the middle section.

I believe it's OK in IE.

I would appreciate if this was corrected to work with Firefox, as I generally do not use IE.

Thanks

Hi Kurun,

Please PM me your 6 digit Voxalot account se we can see this first hand. Thanks.

emoci 07-17-2007 01:22 AM

Ok, so I may have had a bit of time on my hands, but there have been a few questions lately about what is an is not included, plus I sort of wanted to make a list for myself...Hope it helps, admin(s) make corrections where/if neccessary:

A summary of VoXalot Services:

Receiving Calls:

Receive Calls from other VoXalot Users
(Plans: All)

Receive Calls from Other VoIP Users (via SipBroker): *010-VoXID

Receive Calls from other VoIP Users (via SipURI): VoXID@VoXalot-Proxy

Receive Calls from PSTN (regular phones): SipBroker Access Number + *010-VoXID

Making Calls

Calling Other VoXalot Users

SIP Code Dialing/Calling other VoIP Users (via SipBroker): *SipCode + VoIP Provider Internal ID/Username

Calling other VoIP Users (via Sip URI): username@proxy.com

Calling Via other VoIP providers (as long as no registration required)

Calling North American Toll Free Numbers

Central for Multiple Service Providers

Add Unlimited Voip Service Providers (Outgoing Calls Only)
Active: Yes, Register: No
Will work with most providers (as long as no Sip Registration is required to place calls)

Register Multiple Voip Service Providers (Incoming Calls via that Specific Provider)
(VoX Basic: 0, VoXLite:1, VoxPro:5, VoxExtreme:10)

Features

VoiceMail
Set VoiceMail to answer calls after predefined time.
Check from your VoIP Line or PSTN

Smart Call/Dial Plan
Create your own dialing plans to route calls via the lowest-cost provider

Call Connection/Call Forward
Route Incoming Calls based on incoming CID or Provider to PSTN/VoIP/Voicemail using SipBroker, your own provider, or Sip Uri address. Set time period during which these forwarding rules apply.
(Plans: Only Premium Plans)

Web CallBack
Choose your number, the number you want to call and the providers you want to use to call each of the numbers. VoXalot places the calls via those providers and connects the two of you. (Charges vary on the providers you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Mobile Web CallBack (mobile.voxalot.com)
Same Features as Web CallBack, but from your mobile. You need to have already created PhoneBook entries.

Virtual Toll Free Button
Add a button to your website/blog. Whoever wants to get in touch with you enters their number or Sip Uri. VoXalot uses your dialing plans to place the call to their number, then calls you on your VoXalot line, and connects the two of you. Now clients can call you from your website at no cost to them. (Charges to place call will vary depending on the provider you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Speed Dial
Create your speed dial list with both Numbers and SIP URI and reach them by simply dialing **SpeedDial from your VoXalot line.

ENum Lookup
Looks Up if number you are calling has a SIP URI associated with it in the e164.org/e164.arpa etc. database. Calling a SIP URI is always free.

Non-Geo Lookup
Specific to UK(0870, 0845) and Australia (13) non-geographic numbers that are charged at higher rates, Inspects database to find closest geographic number.

How to use VoXalot:

VoIP Adapter
Multiple VoIP adapters can be registered with the same VoXalot account, with the first to pick up taking the call

Regular PSTN Line
Use WebCallBack to make calls, and a Voip Provider of your choice to forward calls to your PSTN line. (Charges for forwarding to Cell/Landline vary on the provider you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Mobile
Applicable only to mobiles with the ability to register onto a VoIP network.

VoXalot Plans:

VoXBasic: $0
VoXLite: $15/year
VoXPro: $25/year
VoXExtreme: $40/year

Tony 07-17-2007 01:30 AM

Hi Emoci,

Thanks for this comprehensive post that summarizes all of Voxalot features, functions and plans. I am sure the community will find it useful.

I had to just make a couple of edits.

Tony.

martin 07-17-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 10492)

I believe it's OK in IE.

Thanks

Hi Kurun,

This problem should now be fixed. Thanks.

kurun 07-17-2007 01:21 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Problem is corrected. Web Page looks fine in IE, Firefox, and also in Opera.

bstanier 07-17-2007 08:49 PM

Dial plans are OK now in Firefox, but the Service providers screen has the same problem in my FF with the edit icons etc beyond the RH margin.

Hally 07-18-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 10392)
Hallycat - whirlpool enthusiast goes down in Voxalot history as the first subscriber to VoxPremium.

Thanks Hally for your support. The Voxalot team appreciates it very much.

Tony.

Thanks Tony for the recognition but I was glad to join up.
I love the new website and it is easy and comfortable to navigate.
Thumbs up to the design guys :D

affinity 07-20-2007 05:48 PM

Suggestions....

A couple of suggestions, please consider.
  • Use checkbox or simple click toggle for "Active" status [VSP outgoing / Smart Calls (Dial Plans) / Web Call Back Phonebook / etc....] related:
    For the options that are YES or NO only, such as whether or not a VSP or Smart Call (Dial Plan) rule should be active.... how about using an 'active value field' with a submit button and warning message or other indication (as below) when change(s) are still pending.

I don't think the change should occur unless the submit button is pressed, similarly there should be a cancel button to reject changes not submitted. Hitting the cancel button should naturally cause a form reset event.

This idea is similar to the Web Call Back Phonebook 'action' that is invoked when you press the handset icon to initiate a call; instead of activating an external process (initiating the call), pressing the 'active value field' should dynamically toggle the data in the currently displayed page. Any such 'active value fields' should have floating text on mouse over indicating the 'click to toggle' function. The pending value should immediately be shown (either as text or a graphic) -- and a different colour or style sheet setting could indicate that it is a modified value which still needs to be submitted. Perhaps the style of all display items of each row that has pending modifications could be adjusted to highlight the need to submit the pending change.

This would be particularly handy if a user wanted to easily toggle the status of one or more providers; they can action each change and review the whole screen before pressing the submit button to effect all changes quickly without navigating other forms. The same can be done for dial plan rules -- they may already be grouped logically and a bunch of rules might apply to one provider that you wish to adjust. As indicated, this could be a good enhancement for other function areas too.....

An extension on this might be to have two delete icons, a 'light' and 'dark' coloured trash can; pending deletes should use the dark version. This may be a little more complicated and may be better left as is.

• [SIP] Registration Status / Mode Change
    The registration "status" could become an "Activate / Deactivate" toggle button acting the same way as above.

The user can 'quickly' change the status of each or all providers very easily without navigating other forms. For example, you may know that one provider has issues, you can quickly turn it off and turn on an alternative.

ColinW 07-22-2007 01:36 PM

Confused

Sorry but I am still confused: For more than a year now I have been using this service to register 5 different providers for incoming calls. One of these providers is also used for outgoing call using a single dial plan. To the best of my knowledge, all of my providers require registration for both outgoing and incoming calls (sipgate / voipbuster / freespeech). My understanding is that following this "upgrade" all of a sudden nothing will work as of 30/07/2007 unless I pay to upgrade. If this is true then there would appear to be certain elements of extortionate behavior at work... Attract people to invest time and effort to make it work because it is free - and then make them pay if they want to continue...

Martin, can you please correct me on all above elements I have wrong?

Thanks, Colin :confused:

emoci 07-23-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinW (Post 10764)
Sorry but I am still confused: For more than a year now I have been using this service to register 5 different providers for incoming calls. One of these providers is also used for outgoing call using a single dial plan. To the best of my knowledge, all of my providers require registration for both outgoing and incoming calls (sipgate / voipbuster / freespeech). My understanding is that following this "upgrade" all of a sudden nothing will work as of 30/07/2007 unless I pay to upgrade. If this is true then there would appear to be certain elements of extortionate behavior at work... Attract people to invest time and effort to make it work because it is free - and then make them pay if they want to continue...

Well, I don't know if SipGate is working for you right now...

As for VoipBuster and FreeSpeech, there is a good chance they do not require a registration to make calls. Since you have them registered already, to try, first erase them, wait about 1 hour, then re-add them setting Active to Yes but register to No. See if you can make calls.

If you need to have them registered than you will have to pay after the 30th.

That said, when I first heard they were gonna charge I felt like you, so I went ahead and tried to set up my own Asterisk Server (tried Trixbox, TrixBox for Windows via VMWare, 3CX, even played with PBXes services) Well, for what I needed to do, the headaches were not worth it, on top of that I would need to upgrade my machine, get me a better internet connection etc. All in all I calculated, assuming I could do all the grunt work myself, an upfront cost of about $150 USD to host all my connections myself.

Now imagine these guys doing this for who knows how many subscribers, all the programming hours, and then providing support too.... They have to be making something somewhere right?????

All that said, if you are willing to trade down some voice quality, try mysipswitch.com (of course keep in mind nothing will be free forever, unless maybe if Google buys it out;) )

emoci 07-23-2007 05:45 AM

Now,

Quick question:

Say I signed up for $25, but midway through I need to upgrade to $40, how does this work billing-wise?

You guys are gonna have to make a billing FAQ now too!!!

Tony 07-23-2007 06:12 AM

emoci,

We are working on creating SIP registration bundles in packs of 5 that you can purchase, to upgrade from VoxPro to VoxExtreme.

Tony.

filmnet 07-23-2007 01:14 PM

"VoxPremium goes live 16th July, 2007 " - this date is now elapsed, where can i get the 40 pounds from?

I can't even get it working on my system at the moment, for over the past 2 months.

regards,
-filmnet

The King 07-28-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Oh....my....god. http://www.websophist.com/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

You say you've invested time and effort, ever given any thought to how much time and effort these guys have invested!!?

Tony & Martin must be much cooler than I am, coz if I were them I would have been cursing like there's no tomorrow!

kurun 07-29-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

The comment on "extortionate behavior" is unfair.

For Voxalot to host this service, there are data centre costs involved, besides the expertise and time.

To run a server at home, one should consider the overall cost of ownership, initial cost of the server, physical space, maintenance costs, server data back-up, UPS Back-up, your time, and cost of electric power.

Probably the cost of the electric power alone to run the server will be comparable to or higher than the yearly VoxPremium charge.

I do not know of any provider that requires registration to send outgoing calls (yes, perhaps it shows how little I know).
And if I did, I have learned how to stay away from them !

Registration is only required in general for incoming calls depending on the provider, as to whether they provide what I call a "real" DID with SIP forwarding capability or a "captive" DID that works only with their registered account.

Further, I am more comfortable using services from a company that charges a nominal and fair fee, than from a company offering free service, as then I have a reasonable expectation of ongoing reliability and support. This is very important for me, and the support from the VoXalot team has been absolutely excellent.

I do realize that you and me and many others were beta testing the system.
That was part of the technical attraction for me to learn how to use VoIP in general, and as many features of the Voxalot service as possible, in particular.
Is it reasonable to fault a company offering a valued service for trying to create a revenue stream?

The feature set in VoxBasic is extensive, and enough for my purpose.
However, I still feel I should sign up and express my vote of support.

Thanks